Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best internet supplier Swords-Milesian area

Options
  • 20-06-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a broadband supplier in the Swords-Milesian area

I am a current subscriber to Sky Fibre and the service is really poor, speeds have now fallen to really slow 1-2mb download speeds, I have performed all the various trouble shooting with no joy time to look elsewhere

Virgins new product is not available in the estate so I have been looking towards EIR. Does anyone have any experience with EIR in this area ... Speeds and service etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Eir sky and vodafone will all be going over the same line.
    What was the maximum speeds you got on the sky line when installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Eir sky and vodafone will all be going over the same line.
    What was the maximum speeds you got on the sky line when installed?

Id say around the 20Mb mark, it would sometimes jump up to 40-50 but never for any prolonged period

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

You've tried the obvious stuff like plugging out the router for 2 minutes etc?
    Have you got onto sky about the slow speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

You've tried the obvious stuff like plugging out the router for 2 minutes etc?
    Have you got onto sky about the slow speed?

Yeah, done all the usual stuff and also been in touch with Sky a number of times

There technical support is very good . They completed all the testing etc, it improves for a couple of days but then goes back to the slow speeds

you do make a very good point about it being the same line from all suppliers so I might request a new modem unit as a final test

Advertisement