Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One YouTube App Quality

Options
  • 20-06-2016 8:59pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

I'm sorry if this doesn't warrant a thread, but this is annoying me.

I like to use my Xbox One to watch YouTube. I can only get 480p max quality with the app, however, if I go to YouTube.com on Microsoft Edge, I can play videos in 1080p. How can I get 1080p on the app?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'm sorry if this doesn't warrant a thread, but this is annoying me.

I like to use my Xbox One to watch YouTube. I can only get 480p max quality with the app, however, if I go to YouTube.com on Microsoft Edge, I can play videos in 1080p. How can I get 1080p on the app?

Thanks.

Bring up settings and swich to a higher quality?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Notavirus.exe

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Bring up settings and swich to a higher quality?

Can't find a quality setting. Unless I'm blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,116 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't use YouTube on the Xbox that much but I'll have a look tomorrow for you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Apparently Youtube uses two different methods to determine what they send you, first is your bandwidth, and second is a setting on your Youtube web account, called "Video Playback Quality".

For the bandwidth, make sure that your connection from the xbox to the router is fast enough, and for the setting, make sure the "Always choose the best quality for my connection and player size" option is selected.

Advertisement