Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employability

Options
  • 20-06-2016 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

This may seem like quite an odd question but i am currently finishing off my leaving cert exams and don't think ill be able to attain my preferred course. I am already a repeat leaving cert student and i am thinking of repeating my exams again in which i'm almost positive i will get the points. Does spending that extra time in second level education hinder my employability prospects in the banking and finance sectors as that is what i am aiming to do in the future, and which is of more importance to employers, the college or the course.

Cheers
    James

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning iVandalise, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We have a detailed section on our website which outlines the steps to application success with Bank of Ireland here . With regards to effect on your employability we would suggest that you speak to a careers guidance counsellor as they would be better equipped to provide you with general information on this. 

We wish you the best of luck on your exams and future career. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

iVandalise wrote: »
    Hi there,

This may seem like quite an odd question but i am currently finishing off my leaving cert exams and don't think ill be able to attain my preferred course. I am already a repeat leaving cert student and i am thinking of repeating my exams again in which i'm almost positive i will get the points. Does spending that extra time in second level education hinder my employability prospects in the banking and finance sectors as that is what i am aiming to do in the future, and which is of more importance to employers, the college or the course.

Cheers
    James

James, I messed up my leaving and dropped out of two colleges courses and I now work in banking. Making mistakes when you're young is allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭CloudCumulus

I have a degree and postgrad and heard nothing since applying for a 3 month welcome advisor role. My sister has a leaving cert and has been in banking for a few years.
    Take it easy on yourself.

Advertisement