Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Marathon 2016 *NO NUMBER SWAPS/SALES/TRANSFERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭boodiebhoy

Is it same route as last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

boodiebhoy wrote: »
    Is it same route as last year?

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

Paddy1234 wrote: »
    Hi

I see on the DCM website that it is only guaranteed entry up to 31st July. I don't ever remember seeing that before. Do you think that's because it's on a Sunday and they are expecting more from oversees? I don't really want to sign up that early so I can see how training goes.

Thanks

The Dublin Marathon always guaranteed entries once they were in before closing date. However, there will be a limit this year and it is extremely likely that the limit will be reached long before October 1st. Entries are up 40% on this stage last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Is there a limit on numbers anywhere on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Is there a limit on numbers anywhere on their website?

According to a comment they made on their facebook page, this year's limit is 20,000.

"Last year we had almost 15,500 people taking part in our event & we expect this to increase by another 2-3k this year due to the fact that it has moved to a Sunday.

We have guaranteed entry in place until 31st July just as a precaution in case we exceed our numbers this year which would be in or around 20,000 participants."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭chickey2

The price goes up €10 after July 31.

I registered yesterday. Also signed up for the 10 mile and half. It's great value for 3 excellent races.

According to a comment they made on their facebook page, this year's limit is 20,000.

"Last year we had almost 15,500 people taking part in our event & we expect this to increase by another 2-3k this year due to the fact that it has moved to a Sunday.

We have guaranteed entry in place until 31st July just as a precaution in case we exceed our numbers this year which would be in or around 20,000 participants."

Jaysus i hope they don't get 22000 entries before the end of July so.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Airtel31

Ive signed up im up to half marathon at the just found out getting a minor procedure done will keep me out for 2 to 3 weeks just wondering I've done 3 marathons before should this really affect in the long run the op is in two weeks

Airtel31 wrote: »
    Ive signed up im up to half marathon at the just found out getting a minor procedure done will keep me out for 2 to 3 weeks just wondering I've done 3 marathons before should this really affect in the long run the op is in two weeks

I think that's a question for the doctor:)

I think that's a question for the doctor:)

What I meant was is pointless to keep up the mileage at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Paddy1234

Hi

I see on the DCM website that it is only guaranteed entry up to 31st July. I don't ever remember seeing that before. Do you think that's because it's on a Sunday and they are expecting more from oversees? I don't really want to sign up that early so I can see how training goes.

Thanks

The Dublin Marathon always guaranteed entries once they were in before closing date. However, there will be a limit this year and it is extremely likely that the limit will be reached long before October 1st. Entries are up 40% on this stage last year.
    Do you really think that having it on a Sunday is going to increase the numbers by about 5000? Seems like an awful lot. I'd hate to miss it but don't want to sign up until at least after the 10 mile. Hope it won't be too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭ISOP

Do you really think that having it on a Sunday is going to increase the numbers by about 5000? Seems like an awful lot. I'd hate to miss it but don't want to sign up until at least after the 10 mile. Hope it won't be too late.
    I am coming from London for it, moving it to a Sunday makes it a lot easier for people coming from abroad, if it was on Monday I would have bothered with it, I know a good few others in the same boat

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭romteilly

Hi all,

I'm signing up this year too, have done two previous 2012 (3:47) & 2009 (3:58), been very good since 1st of Jan this year with PB in the Irish Runner (33:52) and Great Ireland Run (44:20) On to Week 4 of the HH Advanced (only went advanced because I want to do the speedwork where possible) I don't know what time to aim for but i'm doing the 10k next Sunday & the Rock and Roll Half in early August so they might be a good indicator

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Airtel31 wrote: »
    What I meant was is pointless to keep up the mileage at the moment

Keep the training going!

If you have to take 2 weeks off after the procedure you'll have lost 2 weeks of training, which is no big deal.

If you take off 2 additional weeks before the procedure because it doesn't seem worthwhile then you'll lose 4 weeks of training, and that is a much bigger deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Hi Folks, just checking to see how everybody is getting on with training at minute. what mileage are people up to on week end long runs?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Ecoenergy

Roughly following the Pfitzinger 55-70 18 week plan so I'm doing about 60 miles per week at the moment and I have 18 planned for tomorrow morning. I'm afraid to jinx myself here but training is going really well.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Having never run a marathon before I am following advice on the novices thread in the main forum and following the 'Boards Plan' - longest run so far as been 21k and have to say am enjoying it so far, although tiredness is an increasing problem especially with the muggy nights at the moment. Hopefully that will be less of an issue in October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

spaceylou wrote: »
    Having never run a marathon before I am following advice on the novices thread in the main forum and following the 'Boards Plan' - longest run so far as been 21k and have to say am enjoying it so far, although tiredness is an increasing problem especially with the muggy nights at the moment. Hopefully that will be less of an issue in October :D

Cough....Cough.....Dublin 2014....Cough.....:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Don't mention the war :eek::eek::eek::eek: #humidity #droppinglikeflies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Firedance wrote: »

Huh? It was FANTASTIC. OK a bit warm at 18 degrees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Firedance wrote: »
    aquinn wrote: »
    Huh? It was FANTASTIC. OK a bit warm at 18 degrees.

I meant the muggy nights for getting required sleep!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

spaceylou wrote: »
    I meant the muggy nights for getting required sleep!!

Which means nothing if you turn up on the day to 18 degrees and 400%* humidity #worstdayeverimnotexaggerating

*400% may be overstating it, probably closer to 80% #horrendous

of course that won't happen this year, it'll be 12 degrees (apparently optimum racing temperature) no wind, no rain, no clouds :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭joesoap5

Does anyone have any advice on the following marathon training.
    So I'm doing 4 days training. Three mid week runs and one lsr.
    I am doing my mid week runs as doubles. 3 miles into work and 3 home. Is this sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Derco

Hi Folks, just checking to see how everybody is getting on with training at minute. what mileage are people up to on week end long runs?

I'm getting the miles in but struggling to really get into it this year. Hopefully it's just a funk I'm going through

My marathon baptism of fire...that was one tough morning (and afternoon)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Sounds like most people on here are doing well, good stuff. Are most people using the Adidas race series as build up races? I found them very enjoyable last year but never really recovered after the half marathon.

Sounds like most people on here are doing well, good stuff. Are most people using the Adidas race series as build up races? I found them very enjoyable last year but never really recovered after the half marathon.

Won't be around for the Frank Duffy unfortunately but doing the Great North Run in England as well as the Dublin half in September

Keep the training going!

If you have to take 2 weeks off after the procedure you'll have lost 2 weeks of training, which is no big deal.

If you take off 2 additional weeks before the procedure because it doesn't seem worthwhile then you'll lose 4 weeks of training, and that is a much bigger deal.

Thanks for advice I kept training up to yesterday had the procedure done today 10 days before I start again might be a blessing to recharge the batteries go at it again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Price change at midnight.
    Last few hours at €70.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

Anyone know the criteria and procedure for applying for an elite number?

Advertisement