Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Marathon 2016 *NO NUMBER SWAPS/SALES/TRANSFERS*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

Sorry to hear about injury.. Just reading through thread didn't see anyone say there was only a few days left.. Saw three to four weeks mentioned.. Only trying to help..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Sorry to hear about injury.. Just reading through thread didn't see anyone say there was only a few days left.. Saw three to four weeks mentioned.. Only trying to help..

Wasn't addressed at you coolhandspan (I think that I deliberately avoided replying to your message but if I didn't I apologise). I was just amused at how consistently through the thread Hardworker would say something that appeared to be ignored a couple of posts later. Your warning was appropriate I thought - if it's wrong hopefully Hardworker will say so but if the worst that can happen because of it is that someone enters earlier than they might otherwise have done then better to say it than not.

Again, sorry for making it look like I was having a go at you - that wasn't my intention.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Clearlier wrote: »
    You'd swear that nobody from the organising committee of DCM was posting on this thread sometimes.

I entered last night after reading the thread. Woke up with an injury this morning :rolleyes:

Hope it's not too serious

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

kit3 wrote: »
    Hope it's not too serious

No thankfully and I know more or less what needs to be done. It's just an old rugby injury, just terrible timing because my physio is on holiday until Wednesday and tomorrow is the first day of my plan! I'm also back in Bray from tomorrow for the next week but I've been given a line on a physio in Bray so hopefully it'll get sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

donnacha wrote: »
    New waves (From the updated FAQs/website):

1st wave Sub 3:35
    2nd wave 3:35 to 4:05
    3rd wave 4:05 to 4:35
    4th wave 4:35+

Does anyone know if you can change waves at a later date? I signed up for it last week and was a coin toss between wave 1 and wave 2, but in the end put down wave 2. I wonder can I change to wave 1 on the day or before if I feel sub 3:35 is within my reach?

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

PGL wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you can change waves at a later date? I signed up for it last week and was a coin toss between wave 1 and wave 2, but in the end put down wave 2. I wonder can I change to wave 1 on the day or before if I feel sub 3:35 is within my reach?

thanks

Contact the DCM office now. I got moved forward a wave last year after contacting them with plenty of time to go. Closer to the time it wasn't possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Singer wrote: »
    Contact the DCM office now. I got moved forward a wave last year after contacting them with plenty of time to go. Closer to the time it wasn't possible.

The race office have replied back saying there is no problem changing waves at a later date

Entries likely to close in the next few days according to the FB page

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

The race office have replied back saying there is no problem changing waves at a later date

It's usually okay to move down a wave, but they often have stewards at the entrance to the first wave making sure people are wearing the right colour numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

At least one person around here last year could not move up waves due to wave 1 being full:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97368361&postcount=79

Maybe it's expected to be different this year with the 4 waves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Hard Worker

thanks

There's no problem changing wave once there is room within that wave. Just send an email to the marathon office.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

kit3 wrote: »
    Entries likely to close in the next few days according to the FB page

Yes, i heard same yesterday.. Put a warning on this thread. Seems they are astonished at numbers this year, huge amount of people will miss out... Most runners i know don't sign up until September... Hope everyone on here gets signed up on time.

There will be a note in the media tomorrow morning and a statement on the SSE Airtricity Dublin Marathon facebook page regarding entries.
    Entries are up 5000 on what they were this date last year. We are almost at the limit. Many people, understandably, leave it until mid to end September to enter. You won't be able to do that this year. Don't get caught out.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

There will be a note in the media tomorrow morning and a statement on the SSE Airtricity Dublin Marathon facebook page regarding entries.
    Entries are up 5000 on what they were this date last year. We are almost at the limit. Many people, understandably, leave it until mid to end September to enter. You won't be able to do that this year. Don't get caught out.

Great to see, it will be a great spectacle.

Its a pity there hasn't been word of a provision made for club runners for a later entry deadline, or at least those who intend being competitive at the National Marathon. These are often those runners who leave it 'til mid September. I think the mid-August closure date will see some who might've figured at the business end of some categories out of the competition. I'd be fearful that the National Championship could go the way of the National 10k and National Half, however in the east of the country that could mean the Leinster Novice and Masters Championships win back a bit of support from competitive club runners.

With discussions so heavy on the Olympic selection this year, and notions muted of it being a qualifier race, you'd prefer if this competition was being boosted as a competition rather than diluted.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭benji2006

There is some more detail online on the independent ...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/runners-warned-that-entry-levels-for-2016-dublin-marathon-are-close-to-capacity-34951343.html

Under 2,000 places remain available for the event on October 1, with entry levels already exceeding the 15,600 that competed in 2015.
    Entries will close when the race reaches 17,500 entrant on health and safety grounds.

benji2006 wrote: »
    There is some more detail online on the independent ...

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/athletics/runners-warned-that-entry-levels-for-2016-dublin-marathon-are-close-to-capacity-34951343.html

Under 2,000 places remain available for the event on October 1, with entry levels already exceeding the 15,600 that competed in 2015.
    Entries will close when the race reaches 17,500 entrant on health and safety grounds.

Pity they can't get the event date right - sloppy journalism !

happygoose wrote: »
    Great to see, it will be a great spectacle.

Its a pity there hasn't been word of a provision made for club runners for a later entry deadline, or at least those who intend being competitive at the National Marathon. These are often those runners who leave it 'til mid September. I think the mid-August closure date will see some who might've figured at the business end of some categories out of the competition. I'd be fearful that the National Championship could go the way of the National 10k and National Half, however in the east of the country that could mean the Leinster Novice and Masters Championships win back a bit of support from competitive club runners.

With discussions so heavy on the Olympic selection this year, and notions muted of it being a qualifier race, you'd prefer if this competition was being boosted as a competition rather than diluted.

Clubs had been notified ahead of any press release on this and had opportunity to let their athletes know so that they could get in before the limit. There are 5000 AAI Championship entries in already.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Looks like the move to Sunday has been a massive success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Not selling out until August gives people enough time I think, look at Berlin, London, Paris etc. People know by now if they are serious, if they get injured I appreciate that but if 17,500 people are willing to take the risk then it obviously is fair.

Anyway, a great story for DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Just got a heads up on this from a friend so signed up straight away - I'm hoping that if they were full it would have been rejected. if not I'll have to go looking for a different one to do!

Edit Actually I just spotted my number in the e-mail they sent is in the mid 16 thousands, I assume these are some way of counting so hopefully I'll be all right

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Only 600 entries left and closing date of this Friday according to their Facebook page. Whichever is first!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

The Facebook posting from DCM.
    With our SSE Airtricity Dublin Marathon entries now exceeding our 2015 record levels, we would like to remind interested participants that we've less than 600 entries available before we reach our race limit of 17,500.

Due to safety reasons, we've a cut off point for entries this year. However we hope to be able to increase this further for our 2017 Marathon.

If you would like to join us for our largest event yet then sign up now for just €80 as entry will close on or before Friday 12th August depending on numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭averagejoe123

If this is a marketing ploy fair play to them, I just signed up- number in the mid 3000's.

Won't be chasing PBs so hopefully will be good craic. Longest run in the last 6 months is 16 miles so need to get the finger out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

If this is a marketing ploy fair play to them, I just signed up- number in the mid 3000's.

Won't be chasing PBs so hopefully will be good craic. Longest run in the last 6 months is 16 miles so need to get the finger out.

Seems to be full now anyway unless this is a temporary message.

https://em.eventmaster.ie/client/order_step1.html?eventId=744&showHeader=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Firedance wrote: »
    Seems to be full now anyway unless this is a temporary message.

https://em.eventmaster.ie/client/order_step1.html?eventId=744&showHeader=true

Wow! Hard to believe! I'm not even sure I can do it, but panicked yesterday with all the palaver and signed up! Don't want to miss out on the action:D Gonna be a lotta disappointed people out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭diego_b

Confirmed on facebook it's sold out now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

70717021.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Ososlo wrote: »
    Wow! Hard to believe! I'm not even sure I can do it, but panicked yesterday with all the palaver and signed up! Don't want to miss out on the action:D Gonna be a lotta disappointed people out there.

I had a crazy notion about doing similar!!!! I was ** this close.... thank god common sense prevailed :D look forward to cheering you all on from the sidelines though!

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

facebook page is already littered with people moaning about this despite the fact entries have been available for months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

70717021.jpg

Well.... Now that you mention it!....:D

Advertisement