Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is broadband so bad in this part of Dublin

Options
  • 20-06-2016 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi Eir
    Can you please help - on our road all houses get awfully slow broadband.  We might aswell have dial up.  It has taken me nearly an hour just to get onto this site to post this.  We are not in the middle of nowhere this is in North County Dublin just 20 minutes drive from O Connell Street. Please can you help - we need broadband for work and college at the moment I spend more time sitting in free internet cafes while paying you for a service you dont seem able to provide.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi shamu2new. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate how frustrating this can be. Unfortunately we are unable to troubleshoot technical issues from here however I would recommend contacting the technical team directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 Opt 2 Opt 2 & they can troubleshoot these issues with you. Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

shamu2new wrote: »
    this is in North County Dublin just 20 minutes drive from O Connell Street. 
    Low density housing, you may as well live in Kerry.

When ADSL runs up to 5km a 6 minute drive is enough to exit a coverage area. 

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭shamu2new

Hi shamu2new. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate how frustrating this can be. Unfortunately we are unable to troubleshoot technical issues from here however I would recommend contacting the technical team directly on 1890260260 or freephone 1901 Opt 2 Opt 2 & they can troubleshoot these issues with you. Stacey
    thanks for the reply - unfortunately its not useful as Ive already been onto tech many times - they are not able to do anything its to do with all the lines in this area and there are no plans to improve.  Rural Broadband service in the Capital City of the Country - sad state of affairs.  Do Eir operate a discounted tarriff for those who dont approach anything near whats advertised? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem. I'm sorry to hear this. I'm afraid our price plans would be based on the package you avail of rather than the up to speed available on your line. My only suggestion would be to check your line for the[/font] eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ & register your interest https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi & once the service is available on your line you will be notified. Apologies I can’t offer you better news on this. Stacey

Advertisement