Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goodwood festival of speed

• 20-06-2016 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, we are going over to this next Saturday. Just wondering if anyone has been before? Any suggestions as to how we should plan out our day? We will be in from 7.30 am and leaving around 6pm. Are there any things we need to see at particular times. Being that we only have one day, we want to try to see as much as we can.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

I'm jealous, where are you flying too and from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Get there early. Car parks open at 7:30am and gates open at 8:30am. Traffic builds up from 8am! We get there for 7am. (We have a pass) To make sure no traffic.

I would start with the paddocks and see most of the cars while it is a little bit quieter.

I would skip the moving motor show. Its mostly new cars on a stand unless you are looking for a new car don't bother.

Do go visit the manufacturers stands. Depending what your road car is you might be able to get into your manufactures drivers lounge just show your key and they will let you in. Don't expect anything but they might have some freebies.

I would then travel up the hill stopping to watch the hill at times. Get a time table and figure out what you would like to see and plan your day around that.

At the top of the hill climb is the rally stage, Expect everything from minis to modern day cars. I will be on the start line of the stage for all 4 days. It has some great cars but narrow so if a car goes off we have to recover it which takes time when its a 50 year old car!

You won't experience any thing like it. The weather is looking like it will play ball too :)

To answer Tabbys question. Fly to Gatwick its the closest, only a hours drive. Stansted would be a 3 to 4 hour drive. Bournemouth is close too but not many flights fly there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Above pretty much covers it. Last year was my first at it, I was expecting it to be good, but it is on another level!

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

We are flying to Gatwidk and doing AirBnB in Tangmere, about a mile from the entrance, I believe.i know these shows tend to be so big, that sometimes you get home and someone says, oh didnt you go to such and such area or stand, and of course you had completely missed it . Thats why I was asking lads. Thanks for the tips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Bring yer wellies!! Its going to be a mud bath.They had to close the site to vehicles today as they just kept sliding off. The Rally stage is covered in a slimy chalk top layer, get to the Rally stage early on Friday I say some cars are going off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Was there a few years back. We went late was no traffic about 10am. We stayed though till the guests arrived for dinner, no traffic out then either.

Walking around the pits was a highlight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

I'm going as well!
    Flying into Gatwick and picking up a hire car on Friday. I'll be staying in Petworth 11miles away.

I'm going on Saturday then just vacationing in the region for a few days.

Advertisement