Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday make up advice!

Options
  • 21-06-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭

When I go on holidays I tend to take millions of photos and don't want to look rough so basically I'm looking for advice on simple make up that I can put on quickly in the morning and last for the day. I don't wear make up everyday but when I do I go whole hog which takes a little while so I'm looking for something I can do in a few minutes! So maybe I'm looking for a cc or bb cream? Also if I'm getting an spf for my face when do I put it on? before moisturiser? On top of make up? If anyone could shed any light on this I'd be so thankful!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭ChampagnePop

I used an spf and put a powder foundation over it - if your going somewhere warm you have to think whether a full face of makeup will last!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I used an spf and put a powder foundation over it - if your going somewhere warm you have to think whether a full face of makeup will last!

I know I'm ridiculous with a full face of make up but I just love wearing it! I usually wear double wear and it lasts all day and night And it stays put even when I'm sweating to death when I'm running. But I would ideally like to tone it down a bit for holidays. I'm heading to Orlando for some of my holiday and will be there mid July so I know it will be very warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

I use a La Posay Roche tinted moisturiser. Its a bit pricey but worth it when its a suncream, moisturiser and light foundation all in one. I always bring powder with me too to top up just in case. No make up, no matter how good it is will last if your face is sweating all day.

Or go without make up and make sure you have your sunglasses on for the photos.....no-one will know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

What about Double Wear Light?

Haven't tried it myself but I too use DW and love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Valentina wrote: »
    What about Double Wear Light?

Haven't tried it myself but I too use DW and love it.

Thanks Valentina! How did double wear light not occur to me before now?! I'll be going through duty free so I'll definitely look into getting that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement