Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sensor recommendations

Options
  • 21-06-2016 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi

I'm wondering what PIR people would recommend in this forum. There seem to be ordinary ones, pet aware and a dual version with laser. Is the laser option overkill?

Also, which shock and contact sensor is recommended?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Depends a lot on where the PiR is to be located.
    Standard PiR for internal areas & Duel Tec for Garages, Sheds Conservatory's etc.
    https://www.downloads.siemens.com/download-center/Download.aspx?pos=download&fct=getasset&id1=A6V10259487
    For Shocks I find GE(UTC)GS613 the best and most reliable.
    http://www.hunters-wholesalers.co.uk/images/GS613.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

FatBeard wrote: »
    Hi

I'm wondering what PIR people would recommend in this forum. There seem to be ordinary ones, pet aware and a dual version with laser. Is the laser option overkill?

Also, which shock and contact sensor is recommended?

thanks.

If you found you were having false alarms in a particular area then a duel tech would be the one to go with.
    I use these type sensors, they also use the Astec head.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

Thanks guys for the responses. I'll go with the 613s i think. As for the PIR's I'll try the basic ones first and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Thanks guys for the responses. I'll go with the 613s i think. As for the PIR's I'll try the basic ones first and see how it goes.

You're welcome.
    If the motions are in a standard environment you should have no issues.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yeah, they are a very good sensor. Been using them since they came out all those years ago. Very reliable. Easy to wire & have plenty of space if you need extra connections.
    Where did you say you are locating the PiRs.

• Advertisement

Thanks koolkid. What are your thoughts on French doors, side doors with non opening window and front doors with non opening window to the right. . Shock and contact or just contact. If just contact what contact would you use

Always shock and contact on any points of entry that are accessible.
    For contacts only I use maxhunt junction box contacts.

Cheers Koolkid

Hi guys, for PIR's i ended up buying a RK210PT Comet 8m detector as the other recommendations weren't in stock. Are these sensors ok or should I bring them back.

Fine in a clean environment.Have 100s of them in with no issues.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Fine in a clean environment.Have 100s of them in with no issues.

Thanks again.

Advertisement