Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone contacts - strange occurence with contacts

Options
  • 21-06-2016 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭

Hi,

So something strange happened last night/this morning on my Iphone 6s.

I have two Iphones, one is a work Iphone and the other is my personal phone.

I woke up this morning to find my contacts missing from my personal phone and the 60 contacts from my work phone there instead. They were even sorted how they would be on my work phone, first name/last name. They also still remain on my work phone.

Now when I go into my text messages on my personal phone I can see the names of friends who have texted me however their names are not on the contacts list.

Has anyone any idea what is going on and how I can fix it?

thanks

frAg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Sounds like you might have signed into google contacts inadvertently from one device to the other. Are you using gmail on either of the devices?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

naasrd wrote: »
    Sounds like you might have signed into google contacts inadvertently from one device to the other. Are you using gmail on either of the devices?

No buy I have my work outlook account on both. Only just added it to personal phone the other day too, so that must be it.

Any ideas how to fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

frag420 wrote: »
    No buy I have my work outlook account on both. Only just added it to personal phone the other day too, so that must be it.

Any ideas how to fix it?

Go to settings then mail contacts and settings. Tap the outlook account and then turn off contacts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

guil wrote: »
    Go to settings then mail contacts and settings. Tap the outlook account and then turn off contacts.

Awesome! Thanks for that...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Goto Settings, then to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars", and in the Contacts section, hit Default Account. Maybe select iCloud, as I'm guessing Outlook changed your default account?

• Advertisement
Advertisement