Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intercom System/Motorized windows

Options
  • 21-06-2016 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry if this isnt the right subforum - mods feel free to move if inappropriate.

I've recently moved into a property and most of the work/decoration is now done so I'm getting around to the less important (although still annoying jobs). Its an own door duplex in a managed development, built around 1999-2000.

There are 2 which have me a bit baffled.

1. Intercom/doorbell- there is what looks like an intercom beside my doorbell and then two phones in the house (one in the hall, and one in the main bedroom). Not the kind of system you'd install today I'm sure, but regardless, it doesnt appear to work. Does anyone know how i might get it going (as of right now I have no door bell) or what sort of tradesman could take a look at it? Am I better off just waiting until I'm painting again and just get them taken off the walls and install a basic door bell.

2. Skylights - the 2 top floor bathrooms both have skylights (that run the height of the rooms themselves + the attic space) so are way out of reach of anyone without a massive ladder. There are switches that are supposed to be able to open close them mechanically but also....they don't work. Its not a major issue as they're both closed, but it would be nice to be able to open/close them at will and let some fresh air into those rooms. Again, any ideas of who I could contact to take a look?

Thanks!
    SM.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Any chance that there are some MCBs tripped in your consumer unit that just need to flip up ?

Advertisement