Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ramsay's From Game of Thrones) Dogs

• 21-06-2016 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Anyone now what breed they are?

I think they look really cool.

I'd like to get one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Pretty sure they are short haired cgi generated. Sorry to burst bubble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There's a mixture of dogs in it, they're not really shown that much as there's a good deal of CGI enhancement applied. It's a little bit like asking where to get a direwolf.

They would appear in the most to be cane corso or another large mastiff-type dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

seamus wrote: »
    There's a mixture of dogs in it, they're not really shown that much as there's a good deal of CGI enhancement applied. It's a little bit like asking where to get a direwolf.

They would appear in the most to be cane corso or another large mastiff-type dog.

http://www.direwolfproject.com/

Don't underestimate some people's ingenuity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

They're Cane Corsos (with cropped ears) and very CGI enhanced.

Please don't get one just because you think they're cool looking, and be very wary of people selling these dogs if they're selling online, especially now due to the popularity of the show we might see a little surge in demand for them. Disaster waiting to happen.
    seamus wrote: »
    It's a little bit like asking where to get a direwolf.

Some idiot has decided to try breed larger wolf-like breeds and is marketing them as "Dire Wolves".

Edit: beaten to it by slimpickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭slimpickens

They're Cane Corsos (with cropped ears) and very CGI enhanced.

Please don't get one just because you think they're cool looking, and be very wary of people selling these dogs if they're selling online, especially now due to the popularity of the show we might see a little surge in demand for them. Disaster waiting to happen.

Some idiot has decided to try breed larger wolf-like breeds and is marketing them as "Dire Wolves".

Edit: beaten to it by slimpickens!

I was saying it tongue in cheek. (sorry probably not the right forum for such carry on)
    I'm not the person to have the responsibility of a powerful dog.
    They are impressive looking creatures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,611 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Phew, glad you were only messing.

The direwolves they used are Northern Inuits, a crossbreed, again, with CGI.

I believe they were looking for 6 huskies from the same family for filming next month, running free on a beach. That will end well :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Ms Doubtfire1

started to take huge offence against GOT after they killed off the wolves...probably childish but it REALLY p**** me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭volchitsa

muddypaws wrote: »
    Phew, glad you were only messing.

The direwolves they used are Northern Inuits, a crossbreed, again, with CGI.

I believe they were looking for 6 huskies from the same family for filming next month, running free on a beach. That will end well :eek:

Stupid question I'm sure, but what do you mean? That they'll run off and not do as they're told? Why huskies in particular? Or because they don't come back when called because they're bred to work tied up?

(I'm just getting my head around the different reactions different breeds will have to the same situation, which is why I'm asking.)

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls: "Very concerned about statements by the IOC at Paris2024 (M)ultiple international treaties and national constitutions specifically refer to women & their fundamental rights, so the world (understands) what women -and men- are. (H)ow can one assess fairness and justice if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

volchitsa wrote: »
    Stupid question I'm sure, but what do you mean? That they'll run off and not do as they're told? Why huskies in particular? Or because they don't come back when called because they're bred to work tied up?

(I'm just getting my head around the different reactions different breeds will have to the same situation, which is why I'm asking.)

They were bred to work in harness during the winter, but during the summer they didn't do anything, and the inuit people couldn't afford to feed them if they weren't working. So they would be set free each summer to fend for themselves, because of this, they have a very, very high prey drive and whilst you can teach them recall, it is never 100%. They can cover very long distances in a short time, so even though you may not see, hear or smell anything, they could catch the scent of something on the air, and be a mile away before you've even realised. Unfortunately it is one of the main reasons that so many of them end up as strays and being shot by farmers or run over on roads.

I have a couple that I would possibly trust, but in a group of 6, not a chance, if one took off, the rest would think it was great fun and go with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ustane

Anyone now what breed they are?

I think they look really cool.

I'd like to get one.

There are a Cane Corso (Italian Mastiff), Lovely Dog, They need a strong owner too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

The Direwolves are Northern Inuit dogs - one of them was in UCD Vet hospital not too long ago, they'd a photo of him and the vet up on their facebook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I always wondered what the hell this was about lol :p - https://www.threadless.com/product/3567/Adopt_A_Dire_Wolf

started to take huge offence against GOT after they killed off the wolves...probably childish but it REALLY p**** me off.

There are still two left ;)

There are still two left ;)

They better leave Ghost alone. :-(
    After all I'm envisaging that Danerys is going to conquer westeros, meet Jon snow, fall head over heel in love and they get a happy ever after with ghost pulling the sled..;-)

After all I'm envisaging that Danerys is going to conquer westeros, meet Jon snow, fall head over heel in love and they get a happy ever after with ghost pulling the sled..;-)

Hehehe, Ghost and his sister Nymeria are going to get it on, so there will be a new litter so a whole sled dog team for that sled.

My white(ish) dog is called Ghost, and I have a guest called Hodor staying at the moment lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

whooooossssshhhh!

*That's the sound of all of this going completely over my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

whooooossssshhhh!

*That's the sound of all of this going completely over my head.

+1

* winter is coming* lol

This is the dog in question, (clicking = spoiler) taken from the scene where
    Ramsey (the man) is ripped apart by said dogs.

Fantastic scene, great show...just as long as people remember to keep fictional stories where they should remain and not try replicate IRL...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

Possibly an incestuous relationship!

• Advertisement

This is the dog in question, taken from the scene where Ramsey (the man) is ripped apart by said dogs.

Fantastic scene, great show...just as long as people remember to keep fictional stories where they should remain and not try replicate man-eating dogs IRL...

Leave it to the back yard breeders...:-(

I just googled that image btw..comes back with BanDog..is that the same as cane Corso?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

I just googled that image btw..comes back with BanDog..is that the same as cane Corso?

nope

Only ever saw one cane corso, big intimidating fooker... even in comparison to my large male akita at the time.. I gave it a very wide berth :eek:

Bambi wrote: »
    nope

Only ever saw one cane corso, big intimidating fooker... even in comparison to my large male akita at the time.. I gave it a very wide berth :eek:

I think we can agree on that ..they both are. And I'm still reveling in that scene..bolton got EXACTLY what he deserves..leaving his dogs to starve for 7 days. suits him right the f****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

This is the dog in question, taken from the scene where Ramsey (the man) is ripped apart by said dogs.

Fantastic scene, great show...just as long as people remember to keep fictional stories where they should remain and not try replicate man-eating dogs IRL...

What even happened to spoiler tags?

cruizer101 wrote: »

To be fair, if you click onto a thread with the title this one has, its kind of a given that some aspects of the story are going to be discussed.

I don't think spoilers are in the rules for API ;) Sorry if the discussion has spoilt anything for you though. :(

cruizer101 wrote: »

SH*T I'm so sorry!!!! :o
    Will change that now...for all the good it'll do as I've been quoted...

Sorry :o

how can one wait for days to watch the latest GOT??? I watch it online and sometimes I'm lucky enough to watch it sunday afternoon(not often) and have to really bite my lip not to post anything on facebook lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A bit OT, but the mismatched parentheses in the thread title are slowly doing my (slightly OCD!) head in :)

• Advertisement

how can one wait for days to watch the latest GOT??? I watch it online and sometimes I'm lucky enough to watch it sunday afternoon(not often) and have to really bite my lip not to post anything on facebook lol

Hehehe I record it at 2am on Monday morning when its first shown on Atlantic, then watch it with breakfast and yes, it is so hard not to say anything to anybody. Thankfully one other friend also does that, so we message each other to discuss it on Monday morning.

We're not sad people at all :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Presa_Canario

Looks very like my Presa Canario. Unusual to see Cane Corso in a brindle colour. Although it could well be a Cane.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

http://www.direwolfproject.com/

Don't underestimate some people's ingenuity.

I am not sure I would call this 'ingenuity'... it is horrible and people should not be breeding dogs in this way. We have enough breeds already without messing with nature...

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭AryaStark

Hehehe, Ghost and his sister Nymeria are going to get it on, so there will be a new litter so a whole sled dog team for that sled.

My white(ish) dog is called Ghost, and I have a guest called Hodor staying at the moment lol.

My Nymeria would be up for that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Kash

I was wondering if they were CGI Cane Corsos. I have a Cane Corso cross from a pure-bred mum, both brindled. It's actually very common in the breed. She's is very calm, cool around new people (as in reserved, not The Fonz) and stubborn as a mule :rolleyes: - fantastic with my two smallies. They are definitely intimidating looking dogs, but most big mastiffs are.

Advertisement