Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

~*~*~*JC Music - both levels Wed. 22nd Jun*~*~*~

• 21-06-2016 12:46pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭

For discussion of the exams after they finish.
    Usual rules. No slagging, etc..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Music was grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭picturehangup

Slip jig came up? Was v surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

Yeah,we never did that in class,so I didn't think it was on the course,and was a trick question,so spent ages thinking whether to put down 6/8 or 9/8.Went with 9/8 in the end,so marks for me :D

Slip jig came up? Was v surprised!

Yep that surprised me as well as the fact that the choice songs and works did not ask the texture of an excerpt.

Yeah,we never did that in class,so I didn't think it was on the course,and was a trick question,so spent ages thinking whether to put down 6/8 or 9/8.Went with 9/8 in the end,so marks for me :D

My guess was a Jig but I did not know what a Slip Jig was. Jig wasn't a choice so I had to go with Reel unfortunately - I knew it was wrong anyway. I knew for definite it wasn't a Hornpipe because it was too fast and the typical bar of rhythm choices did not have a Hornpipe choice (dotted rhythm).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Account Number

sryanbruen wrote: »
    My guess was a Jig but I did not know what a Slip Jig was. Jig wasn't a choice so I had to go with Reel unfortunately - I knew it was wrong anyway. I knew for definite it wasn't a Hornpipe because it was too fast and the typical bar of rhythm choices did not have a Hornpipe choice (dotted rhythm).
    Yeah I didn't even think about what I was circling first,all I heard was rashers and sausages.It was only when I saw "slip jig" as opposed to "jig",I copped on and fixed things

Advertisement