Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lights on lock out

Options
  • 21-06-2016 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭

After carrying out an emergency lighting test today 2 28w t5 lights won't switch back on. There's 230 at the L and N in. If I engage the ctu they work on battery. Any idea on how to get them off lock out in the ballast or am I looking at replacing them? Thanks lads

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

After trying all previous methods, mcb,ctu,local fuses and disconnecting battery's in the lights i could not get either light going so when I belled out the ballast and inverters I realised the phase wasn't going "out" to the ballast, from the inverter on both fittings. Swapped out both inverters and both lights fired up immediately. Mad that both Inverters died during the same 3 hour test. Fecked my afternoon up rightly but working now. I'd never come across two fittings in the same room dieing during the same test before.

Advertisement