Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Impliment to open eircom(Simon) battery points

Options
  • 21-06-2016 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

I need to replace the battery on some points as im getting low battery warnings and alarms going off at night now.
    The problem is the points are placed so high on my walls and doors that its a devil of a job trying access them with a standard flat head screwdriver to prize them open and the nub you need to jimmy it is at the very top of the point which makes it all the harder. Would anyone have a recommendation for a proper implement best used for this?.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'd say almost all of us use a terminal screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'd say almost all of us use a terminal screwdriver.

Thanks I got it with the terminal screwdriver. My problem is it goes off constantly now. It's the sensor with the larger CR123 battery. And when I try setting the alarm it says system failure. A light flashes on the point frequently enough when unset too. Any ideas about this?.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

califano wrote: »
    Thanks I got it with the terminal screwdriver. My problem is it goes off constantly now. It's the sensor with the larger CR123 battery. And when I try setting the alarm it says system failure. A light flashes on the point frequently enough when unset too. Any ideas about this?.

When you say a light flashes on the sensor are you talking about a motion detector?
    If so, is the lid of the device is not closed correctly.
    What is the failure you are getting?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

when I try setting the alarm it says system failure.

Pressing the status button should tell you what the problem is.

KoolKid wrote: »
    Pressing the status button should tell you what the problem is.

I should have mentioned when i press status it goes through all the alarms and confirms sensor1 alarmed, 2.,3 incl the one in question '4 dining room alarmed'. Then it goes through them all again where '4 diningroom failure' and 'telephone failure' Telephone is understandable as telephone service was cancelled years ago in the eircom phonewatch days.
    So i can still set the alarm but when i do straight away it says 'Sensor 4 dining room failure'. But a new battery is in and its back in place and i suspect the sensor has had it?.
    By the way not sure if it helps but i couldnt put it into maintenence mode using the first and last 4 digits of the account incl a zero before each where i could before. At least it doesnt audibly confirm its in maintenance mode.
    When i set doors and windows sensor 4 doesn't trigger an alarm when you walk into the room. But if i was to take the battery out and in again it would go off[/B]

• Advertisement

I have edited my post above to make it clearer.

I should have mentioned when i press status it goes through all the alarms and confirms sensor1 alarmed, 2.,3 incl the one in question '4 dining room alarmed'. Then it goes through them all again where '4 diningroom failure' and 'telephone failure' Telephone is understandable as telephone service was cancelled years ago in the eircom phonewatch days.
    So i can still set the alarm but when i do straight away it says 'Sensor 4 dining room failure'. But a new battery is in and its back in place and i suspect the sensor has had it?.
    By the way not sure if it helps but i couldnt put it into maintenence mode using the first and last 4 digits of the account incl a zero before each where i could before. At least it doesnt audibly confirm its in maintenance mode.
    When i set doors and windows sensor 4 doesn't trigger an alarm when you walk into the room. But if i was to take the battery out and in again it would go off[/B]

If after listening to all events you press the disarm button it will clear these for you, only problems left on the system will stay in memory.
    I wouldn't necessarily say the sensor has had it.
    Ive had to take a sensors off these systems and re-enroll them back on to get them to work properly in the past so Id try that before replacing with a new one.
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help with codes on here.

Thanks for all the help lads, the sensor error from the control panel was signalling a fault with a different sensor that i assumed!. Good to have it sorted.

Thanks for the update. Glad you got it sorted.

Thanks for all the help lads, the sensor error from the control panel was signalling a fault with a different sensor that i assumed!. Good to have it sorted.

If they had named it correctly in the first place that would of stopped any confusion :D

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    If they had named it correctly in the first place that would of stopped any confusion :D

True, but i feel i must self flagellate for not copping it nevertheless!

True, but i feel i must self flagellate for not copping it nevertheless!

Using the same name can cause confusion tho, Only for the tamper on the device Id have been confused myself :D

Advertisement