Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do Economics?

Options
  • 21-06-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone, I'm coming out of TY and moving into 5th year and have recently gotten my subjects (German, Business, Geography, Biology), but am thinking of swapping Biology with Economics. During TY I preferred Economics and got a high B but don't know what it will be like as a Leaving Cert subject.
    Is there anyone doing Biology and Economics or even just Economics that can give me insight into how to it is for the leaving cert, Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭adam240610

FMCA wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm coming out of TY and moving into 5th year and have recently gotten my subjects (German, Business, Geography, Biology), but am thinking of swapping Biology with Economics. During TY I preferred Economics and got a high B but don't know what it will be like as a Leaving Cert subject.
    Is there anyone doing Biology and Economics or even just Economics that can give me insight into how to it is for the leaving cert, Thanks!

Economics is lovely, you can focus mostly on half of the course, so there isn't too much to learn relative to bio. If you're good at learning definitions do it. There's just something special about economics that I love.

Papers are much more predictable than bio too of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 FMCA

Thanks, Would you still recommend it if I didn't do business for the JC?

Thanks, Would you still recommend it if I didn't do business for the JC?

I didn't do it, didn't do it in ty either, got 95% in the mock and pretty much straight A's so yeah would recommend. Also one of the few subjects where I understand why stuff happens haha

Thanks! That's put me at ease!
    Also is there much maths? I'm only OL, I'm decent with graphs and tables just awful with algebra etc.

Thanks! That's put me at ease!
    Also is there much maths? I'm only OL, I'm decent with graphs and tables just awful with algebra etc.

Maths doesn't go anywhere beyond division and multiplication, you're grand.

• Advertisement

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 daveytheravey

Did both for Leaving Certificate. Well Economics tomorrow. For me Biology is 10 times harder than Economics. Its way more interesting and engaging for me. If you are anyway interested in the economy, current affairs or the idea of a social science it may be for you! Good luck with your choice :)

Thanks, hope the exam goes well!

Advertisement