Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is battlefront dead on pc ?

• 21-06-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Thinking of buying battlefront for 20 euro ? I am just wondering if the game is worth getting or is it a waste of my time, from the stats i have found online there are currently around 3400 players playing it at the moment so i dont know if it is worth my money or am i wasting my time?
    thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Which battlefront?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 PDoyle1465

Sorry the newest battlefront on origin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

At €20 it's not bad at all, there are still definitely players. The game didn't have a lasting appeal though and when we've got much more appealing games like Overwatch to play now, the numbers for Battlefront won't get any bigger I'm afraid.

It's a shame, it's not a bad game at all, it feels like Star Wars and it looks and sounds amazing, it's just that it got very boring (for me) and I was damned if I was gonna spend money on a season pass to bring the amount of content merely on par with other games I was already playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Shiminay wrote: »
    I was damned if I was gonna spend money on a season pass to bring the amount of content merely on par with other games I was already playing.

especially considering it doesn't even have a single player game to make up for it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 PDoyle1465

Oh right ok , i might just hold back and wait for the summer sales on steam or just save to play overwatch ! thanks for the feedback !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I still occasionally play battlefront II from Steam with mates, still good fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭weisses

Shiminay wrote: »
    It's a shame, it's not a bad game at all, it feels like Star Wars and it looks and sounds amazing, it's just that it got very boring (for me) and I was damned if I was gonna spend money on a season pass to bring the amount of content merely on par with other games I was already playing.

Most people seem to be bored for all the reasons mentioned almost from release day

DLC and the season pass milking didn't work for this game

So no its not a good game imo ... I hope they learned from it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

The quality of Battlefront's gameplay is inversely proportional to that of its graphics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I played it for about 15 hours and had a blast but it's really shallow and they seriously messed it up with the lack of content and heavy emphasis on DLC.

Could have been the definitive Star Wars game...instead it was a beautiful audio-visual demo rather than a real Battlefield/Battlefront title.

Battlefront has just a fraction of the content of both regular Battlefield titles and the older Battlefront games which are over 10 years old now.

I suppose for 20 euro it's still worth it yes, and there is plenty to be enjoyed for a fair few hours, it's just so very hollow compared to other titles in the franchise.

Advertisement