Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand alone broadband

Options
  • 21-06-2016 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Okay so signed up for eir fibre broadband a couple of weeks ago and the technician was due to call yesterday between 1pm - 5pm,he called at 11 when i wasn't home. So first off there's seems to be very little communication between you and these guys you contract in! Luckily someone was here,he rang to say that we had a shared exchange and it was up to eir to sort this out,i called the "help line" today and was told i won't be able to get fibre but you have a deal on 4G.
    The sales rep was running around here for weeks getting people's signature,telling everyone about eir fibre and now i'm told i can't get it when there's a house about 200 meters away that has it no problem and the only reason he has it was because the guy you contracted fed the line into the house,he told the customer that it was up to you to sort it out and that he was only doing it as a once off.
    I've cancelled my own broadband provider thinking i'd be up and running by now,instead my home is stuck with none whatsoever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I am very sorry to hear this. I can appreciate your frustration completely. Unfortunately it can be a case that the efibre is available in your area however once the technician goes to survey the area & the exchange there can be a number of reasons your line can't support the service. For example if you are on a carrier line,no ports available, too far from the exchange etc. I can only apologise for this inconvenience. Feel free to PM your account or order number & I can query further information on this for you. Stacey

Advertisement