Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline gold - Favourite Liveline topics ever

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9 Sterling_One

Probably the most famous episode of Liveline.. Prisoner John Daly rings in live from Portlaoise Prison.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nOp11KCN_g

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Probably the most famous episode of Liveline.. Prisoner John Daly rings in live from Portlaoise Prison.

Was murdered over that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 purple_432

the mother with an army of kids who couldn't get a bag of coal up the stairs

the comment "well you should have kept your legs closed" from one Dublin caller was one of the funniest things i have heard on the show

Does anyone know what the topic was when this woman was on and what year it was broadcast? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

purple_432 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the topic was when this woman was on and what year it was broadcast? Thanks
    It's from 2012. Were you the person mentioned? :D
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=81212302

zell12 wrote: »
    It's from 2012. Were you the person mentioned? :D

No, I'm not. Thanks for the link.

• Advertisement

This one is good. A priest objects to children putting on a magic show at a fundraiser for Lourdes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAqeJBwsxCs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) Shanika and the Mormons.

2) the lady who was scammed by a local gigolo and also stung in the bum by bee, while holidaying in Lanzarote.

3) the man who both a car online using dunedeal without even seeing the car or meeting the seller.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,978 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Apologies if already mentioned (probably several times) but the serial killer obsessed teacher is my personal favourite. Absolute gold.

Is it true that John Daly was murdered because other prisoner's phones ended up being confiscated afterwards? Or had he been in trouble already? Paul Williams was so cringe here, like he thought he was Batman, out to save us all.

A few years back some caterer didn't turn up for a communion, the parents called Joe and were upset, the caterer called to defend himself - his defence ? - he got a call saying if he turned up to the event he would be beaten up so stay the f*ck away!

It was ridiculous and he kept digging and digging ... and digging even after it was shown he was lying his arse off ... classic stuff.

Here it is. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvc6n30K8qE

• Advertisement

Prisoner John Daly rings Joe from Portlaoise prison. Was murdered a few months later because of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnpdSCtjpo

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

purple_432 wrote: »
    Prisoner John Daly rings Joe from Portlaoise prison. Was murdered a few months later because of it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnpdSCtjpo

Nothing to do with Joe, according to the man himself.

Nothing to do with Joe, according to the man himself.

Duffy can't say he was unaware that John Daly was in prison, because introducing him, he says, ''you're in Portlaoise prison at the moment''.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

£152000 in the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Listen back to Jaco Costello, June 2018
    https://soundcloud.com/rte-radio-1/jaco-costello
    Jaco Costello is single mother with two children (12, 2).
    Her sister was minding her children in Sligo for a few days and she went to pick them up on Monday. Jaco got stopped by a checkpoint in Sligo. She had no tax on her car and understands that she was in the wrong. She told Joe Duffy that she doesn’t claim anything from the state and pays her own bills in order to put food on the table and pay rent. She also explained that she has never been in an accident or claimed on car insurance.
    Her insurance is €1900 (€7400 if she lost my no claims bonus).

When Jaco was stopped at the check point – her two children were in the car. The Garda told Jaco that she would be taking her car because her tax was out. She explained to Joe how she pleaded with the Garda to let her drive back to Dublin and hand the car over to her local station but the Guard refused.

Jaco had €25 in her bag and a car full of luggage as well as her two children.
    Jaco then explained that she had nobody to call in order to help both her and her children.

The Guards then dropped her and her children and 6 bags, a metal briefcase, a box of plants and a very large car seat to the train station. She had no nappies either.
    Her sister tried to book tickets online but it said the train was full so her 12 year old son had to pull apart his bag and see if they could scrape enough coins together to buy a ticket in the station. They only bought one ticket as that’s all they could afford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I was almost feeling bad for her for a minute - but then the tax was out not a few weeks, but over a year(!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Donal55 wrote: »
    My favourite was the prisoner who rang from his cell.

On his cell phone 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 29,335 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I think Francis fron the other day should be added to this honourable list.

Almost (but not quite) managed to shut Joe up with his verbal diarrhoea on wildly varying topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I think Francis fron the other day should be added to this honourable list.

Almost (but not quite) managed to shut Joe up with his verbal diarrhoea on wildly varying topics.

What was the main topic? (So to speak!) so I can podcast it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

talking to the Brazilian police officer after Pat Hickey's arrest. Joe's crawling to anyone with any bit of influence in Irish society is painful

• Advertisement

honeybear wrote: »
    What was the main topic? (So to speak!) so I can podcast it

Podcast
    It's in the latter end of "Dublin Mint"

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

I dont listen too often but there was a very funny one last year/year before. Some old woman rang in looking for the book of condolences that when missing for her sibling that died in Clare. Think she spoke to Phillip. She was a character. She then started talking about all the deaths in her family. Remember reading here online that joe woukd have loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 inspector frost

This one is gold and so typical of the Celtic Tiger era... Derek alleges that chef Kevin Thornton became furious over the French fries he ordered at his restaurant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigeco6YI94

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

This one is gold and so typical of the Celtic Tiger era... Derek alleges that chef Kevin Thornton became furious over the French fries he ordered at his restaurant. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tigeco6YI94

well done caller well done where do u find these and what year us it?

i am half tempted to do a mix of some of the classics i have done music before...

well done caller well done where do u find these and what year us it?

i am half tempted to do a mix of some of the classics i have done music before...

Make it quicker than ButterSsuki's bingo card.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Make it quicker than Buttersuki's bingo card.

giphy.gif

Today's show surely has to be added to the list?

Fighting over who should be chosen to sing for the Papa? Which descended into fighting over lots of other stuff, which was nothing to do with anything (I think - was all a bit confusing!).

If/When the podcast ever goes up, of course :rolleyes:

Today's show surely has to be added to the list?

Fighting over who should be chosen to sing for the Papa? Which descended into fighting over lots of other stuff, which was nothing to do with anything (I think - was all a bit confusing!).

If/When the podcast ever goes up, of course :rolleyes:

It was good but not an all time great IMO. I think the lack of good crazy shows lately probably made it feel like it was better than it actually was so to speak.

Don't forget Daniel's sexuality being questioned, along with his part in manipulating a referendum result. LOL.

It was good but not an all time great IMO. I think the lack of good crazy shows lately probably made it feel like it was better than it actually was so to speak.

Don't forget Daniel's sexuality being questioned, along with his part in manipulating a referendum result. LOL.
    And the guy who refused to let Joe interrupt him or shout him down (even if he did turn out to be a raving loony in the end)

And the guy who "didn't want to be on your show for very long, Joe " and got the curtest sign off EVER from Joe.

Oh, it was up there in my books anyway!

• Advertisement

And the guy who refused to let Joe interrupt him or shout him down (even if he did turn out to be a raving loony in the end)

And the guy who "didn't want to be on your show for very long, Joe " and got the curtest sign off EVER from Joe.

Oh, it was up there in my books anyway!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was Versatis Part 365,98; just not sure it was on Rio Garda, Seamus Treanor, Shane O'Curry or Nigerian Embassy Level.

Advertisement