Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline gold - Favourite Liveline topics ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Last week was great with the holy Joes all on complaining about the line up for the Pope’s visit

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

We've been paying for it since.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

That priest against magic tricks was a complete and utter gobsh1te.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 purple_432

Kilkenny... no Kilkelly! Travellers attack a publican in Mayo and the wife of one of them rings Joe to defend him. https://youtu.be/1o5ae4tBawE

• Registered Users Posts: 22 inspector frost

Can anyone recall the one where an alleged criminal rang in(not John Daly) and got absolutely savaged on air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Can anyone recall the one where an alleged criminal rang in(not John Daly) and got absolutely savaged on air?

Alan Bradley

Alan Bradley

No, it wasn't Alan Bradley, he was on the same episode John Daly was. The guy I'm thinking of, I think he rang in to promote something but his criminal past was brought up and mayhem ensued.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Azealia Banks 212 was a classic. Imagine Joseph that morning researching it, mouth open 'aghast'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

No, it wasn't Alan Bradley, he was on the same episode John Daly was. The guy I'm thinking of, I think he rang in to promote something but his criminal past was brought up and mayhem ensued.

I’m thinking Alan rang in to promote his little petting zoo in Meath
    But all the locals were up in arms about it
    This was different when him and Daly were on

I’m thinking Alan rang in to promote his little petting zoo in Meath
    But all the locals were up in arms about it
    This was different when him and Daly were on

Was this before or after the John Daly episode? Is it on one of the threads here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Was this before or after the John Daly episode? Is it on one of the threads here?

After

2010 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

Does anyone else remember this one?; About 10 years ago, a man was on with Joe promoting a play he'd written about child abuse or something like that. The whole show turns upside down though when Paul Williams rings in accusing him of being a criminal. Cue a host of other callers ringing in saying the same thing as Williams.I remember it being something similar to the John Daly episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Don't know if you'd call it a favourite topic but I'm convinced it was a set up by Joe & his neighbours in May 2014. Caller from clontarf "rings" in on the Friday to complain that the clontarf road from Sutton in to town is going to be closed that Sunday for a few hours for a bike race. The giro dItalia. The 2nd biggest bike race in the world that just happened to be passing right outside the front of Joes gaf

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭Field east

Two well worth listening to , if somebody could tube them , are as follows:-
    (1) about 8 mts ago Joe was on the air Traveller side when discussing rule changes re buying airline tickets and where u can sit in the aircraft. If u booked late u had to pay extra if u whited to sit in a seat you wanted to sit in . Joe made a ‘ not so nice comment ‘ re Ml O Leary and he in his ‘big comfortable house and to busy to come on the radio to explain himself - or words to that effect. But , WOW, who rings in within secs only the bauld Ml O Leary. The discussion between them was 24 caret gold. Joe got up on his high horse

(2) at around the same time somebody rang in about monuments being erected all over Ireland to highlight the role the British army played in causing the famine. Nobody knew who was behind the erections re funding, etc. Joe spent some time ‘building up the case’ re unauthorized activity, the cheek of someone to do this, etc, etc , as Joe is wont to do. Nobody had a clue as to who was behind it. But , I think on the following day, an Irish American was on the blower to Joe and what ensued was again pure gold. Another big check on My Joe.

Make sure to add the above to your bucket list. U will not be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I think in recent times Texas Tom has to be up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

The one with the prisoner, John Daly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,058 ✭✭✭✭zell12

27/11/2019
    Farmer Christopher live from Dublin tractor protest handed Joe's chin to him on a plate.
    Told Joe he was talking rubbish, giving out about LL researchers, dubs don;t own Dublin, etc
    "Don’t be talking nonsense Joe, what would you know about a tractor"

Just a few nuggets.

No Joe. You listen, for once.

If you don't know this, I don't know what your researchers are doing.

I'm an agricultural contractor. Your researchers should have told you this.

If ya bothered to walk down here you'd have seen it.

Joe: Can I hear the sound of your tractor? Christopher: No. Do you want me to get penalty points I'm surrounded by guards? Joe: I was in a tractor at the ploughing and it had a handsfree kit. Christopher: Well you weren't in my tractor.

Don't be talking nonsense Joe. What would you know about tractors?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Most sensible caller ever?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭Field east

zell12 wrote: »
    27/11/2019
    Farmer Christopher live from Dublin tractor protest handed Joe's chin to him on a plate.
    Told Joe he was talking rubbish, giving out about LL researchers, dubs don;t own Dublin, etc
    "Don’t be talking nonsense Joe, what would you know about a tractor"

Farmerless Jos asked Chris if his tractor has a reverse gear and if the tractor behind him had a reverse gear and ditto the tractor behind him . In keeping with the true ethos of the Lavh Lahn family it’s a pity that Chris did not tell Joe that reverse gear was only incorporated into the tractor gearing system from 1992. Before that- unless you were parked on a hill one would need to get someone to push it back. Such tractor users were so adept at tractor manor urging that getting the tractor to go backwards was not necessary. Joe would probably swallowed it. Such a stupid / naieve question. He was treating Chris as a simpleton. I must listen to the full interview

Anybody here?

sligojoek wrote: »
    Anybody here?

Sorry. I thought I was in the regular LL thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

I think he might have mentioned earlier in this thread, but does anyone have a link to the recent segment where there was a chap talking about being attacked coming out of the bookies?

He had such a laid-back, blasé way of talking about everything, he seemed to be making it all up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

El Tarangu wrote: »
    I think he might have mentioned earlier in this thread, but does anyone have a link to the recent segment where there was a chap talking about being attacked coming out of the bookies?

He had such a laid-back, blasé way of talking about everything, he seemed to be making it all up.

Was it the guy that was like in his 70s or something and was going into the bookies to place his first ever bet and didnt know how the docket works?

When the restaurant owner told the caller to "gowdahell" in response to her complaint. Not just a Storm in a teacup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

When the restaurant owner told the caller to "gowdahell" in response to her complaint. Not just a Storm in a teacup.

tom kept saying stuff and various idiot women kept going oh my God oh my God!

Tom the restauranteur, John Wayne style and takin' no sh:t.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

Caller of the Year Nomination:

Tullamore%20VAT_4336.jpg

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement

Texas Tom, wasn't it?

Advertisement