Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Military / Cruagh Road Junction Parking?

Options
  • 21-06-2016 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if I could park here safely for a few hours and go for a cycle from here and somewhere near by? Will be in Dublin at weekend but not staying the night and usually would leave car at accommodation. Any suggestions or advice appreciated?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Do you mean the viewing point car park.

Lots of rear window smashing tea leaves around there unfortunately. Park up somewhere more public down the bottom of the hill in Firhouse or Knocklyon and cycle up the hill I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

fat bloke wrote: »
    Do you mean the viewing point car park.

Lots of rear window smashing tea leaves around there unfortunately. Park up somewhere more public down the bottom of the hill in Firhouse or Knocklyon and cycle up the hill I'd say.

Park in enniskerry, Johnny foxes, kilternan, roundwood and you'll be good with plenty of routes available

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Wouldn't park there myself. As fat bloke says you'll often see glass on the ground. Same for most 'beauty spots' I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

ted1 wrote: »
    Park in enniskerry, Johnny foxes, kilternan, roundwood and you'll be good with plenty of routes available

Thanks for all the replies, I'm not familiar with the area, is there a public car park in Enniskerry? I'm happy to park on road side or anything like that once the car is still in tact a few hours later ;-)

Something like a church or school would be good?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Thanks for all the replies, I'm not familiar with the area, is there a public car park in Enniskerry? I'm happy to park on road side or anything like that once the car is still in tact a few hours later ;-)
    Depending on what time you get there, and what the weather is like etc, etc. you may find on street parking in the village itself, otherwise there's a small car park on the road immediately on your right as you enter Enniskerry from the N11.

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.193988,-6.1700488,3a,75y,283.84h,87.65t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sqYCAc9ZL7IOVqQZxfoq-Ew!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Something like a church or school would be good?

Yes. At the Bottom of Monastery road. I've used it a few times and cars was always in one piece when i got back to it!

https://goo.gl/maps/uonoccvGxi32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

07Lapierre wrote: »
    Yes. At the Bottom of Monastery road. I've used it a few times and cars was always in one piece when i got back to it!

https://goo.gl/maps/uonoccvGxi32

Tht looks perfect, thanks a lot for the help all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

If you were specifically looking for close to Old Military / Cruagh Road then you could use the Lidl in Ballycullen.

It's at the bottom of Gunny Hilly and then you have easy access to Stocking Lane, Cruagh etc.

I live near by and all the housing estates in that locale are safe too. You could even use the car park at Scholars pub/shops.

Lidl

Scholars pub etc

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If you were specifically looking for close to Old Military / Cruagh Road then you could use the Lidl in Ballycullen.

It's at the bottom of Gunny Hilly and then you have easy access to Stocking Lane, Cruagh etc.

I live near by and all the housing estates in that locale are safe too. You could even use the car park at Scholars pub/shops.

Lidl

Scholars pub etc

That Lidl is ideal IMO.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Advertisement