Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor customer service

Options
  • 21-06-2016 6:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

So,  my phone line/broadband went dead this morning for no apparent reason and after contacting Eir technical support and going through the flow chart I was given a reference number and told that "a technician would be out to me hopefully in the next 2 to 3 working day but it could be next week". Luckily for me, I happen to be off work until next week so I will be here albeit stuck waiting around if the technician shows up in the next few days. If it is next week I'll be back at work so I guess my service won't be restored. 

I'm understandably annoyed at this because I am currently paying for a service that is not functioning with no fixed date on when it will be restored. Eir are a national provider of an essential service and they are acting like the local village handy man and telling me they will hopefully get to me in a few days. Until that time I have no fixed line or broadband service and I relying on the frankly dire Eir mobile service that I also have in my bundle. Dire, as in, an EDGE data connection at best and guaranteed "emergency calls only" if I bring my mobile downstairs.

The fact that I can't be told what day a technician will arrive let alone what time is honestly laughable. I am paying your company hundreds of euro a year and your response to issues with my service is godawful. I was direct debited for 3 months of service last week for no apparent reason for instance. 

Do any of the reps on here care to explain to me how your company thinks it is acceptable to give a vague,  handwaving answer to when a member of your staff will arrive to fix the service that I am paying you for? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear your experiencing iss[/font]ue with your service. I can appreciate your frustration completely. I’m afraid in relation to faults the standard lead time would be 3-5 working days. We are unable to provide an exact time for a technician call out however once this has been logged with our support team we will work to resolve this as soon as possible. You will be contacted in advance if a technicians needs access to the premises. Once the fault is resolved I would recommend contacting the billing team directly on 1800503303 (Opt 1) & they can arrange a credit for the downtime no problem. Apologies again for this inconvenience however I will be sure to relay your feedback on to the relevant team in relation to this. Stacey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi there. Thanks for getting in touch. I'm very sorry to hear your experiencing iss[/font]ue with your service. I can appreciate your frustration completely. I’m afraid in relation to faults the standard lead time would be 3-5 working days. We are unable to provide an exact time for a technician call out however once this has been logged with our support team we will work to resolve this as soon as possible. You will be contacted in advance if a technicians needs access to the premises. Once the fault is resolved I would recommend contacting the billing team directly on 1800503303 (Opt 1) & they can arrange a credit for the downtime no problem. Apologies again for this inconvenience however I will be sure to relay your feedback on to the relevant team in relation to this. Stacey

Now you are telling me 3 to 5 days? The rep on the phone yesterday said "hopefully 2 to 3 days but maybe next week". The rep on your own support forums said "2 to 3 days is the standard lead time on a fault". Who is correct? Can you give me any concrete information on the progress being made to address my issue instead just your standard estimates and/or guesswork?

I simply will not be available after Friday so if the technician shows up past that then I guess I'll be without the service I am paying your company for for the foreseeable future.

I have never encountered this level of incompetence and disinterest in helping the customer in previous dealings with any business. I'm actually beginning to fear that my issue probably hasn't been logged properly /at all because of the non specific nature of feedback I'm receiving. Cut and paste answers that aren't even consistent between reps don't inspire confidence.

Needless to say you have already lost a customer once my contract ends, if not before that. I don't see the sense in paying well over a thousand euro per annum to a company who can't send someone out in a timely fashion to fix a complete failure of service or even give an honest answer as to when someone will arrive to fix a complete failure of service.

All range of 2 to possibly now 5 days is scandalous when you consider that the thing I am paying your company for is literally not functioning at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

lawlolawl wrote: »
    Now you are telling me 3 to 5 days? The rep on the phone yesterday said "hopefully 2 to 3 days but maybe next week". The rep on your own support forums said "2 to 3 days is the standard lead time on a fault". Who is correct? Can you give me any concrete information on the progress being made to address my issue instead just your standard estimates and/or guesswork?

I simply will not be available after Friday so if the technician shows up past that then I guess I'll be without the service I am paying your company for for the foreseeable future.

I have never encountered this level of incompetence and disinterest in helping the customer in previous dealings with any business. I'm actually beginning to fear that my issue probably hasn't been logged properly /at all because of the non specific nature of feedback I'm receiving. Cut and paste answers that aren't even consistent between reps don't inspire confidence.

Needless to say you have already lost a customer once my contract ends, if not before that. I don't see the sense in paying well over a thousand euro per annum to a company who can't send someone out in a timely fashion to fix a complete failure of service or even give an honest answer as to when someone will arrive to fix a complete failure of service.

All range of 2 to possibly now 5 days is scandalous when you consider that the thing I am paying your company for is literally not functioning at all.
    With that type of ignorant attitude i doubt very much if they care.

If you read your terms and conditions which you agreed to, you will find that the repair time is stated.

I have a business, i pay extra for an 8 hour repair service. The reason why i will pay this extra is because i read the terms and conditions and the 3-5 day service didn't suit me for business, but I don't have an issue with it for home.

Also if you read above response properly, it says within 3-5 days. That means it could well be today.

But sure why let facts get in the way of a whine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

VincePP wrote: »
    With that type of ignorant attitude i doubt very much if they care.

If you read your terms and conditions which you agreed to, you will find that the repair time is stated.

I have a business, i pay extra for an 8 hour repair service. The reason why i will pay this extra is because i read the terms and conditions and the 3-5 day service didn't suit me for business, but I don't have an issue with it for home.

Also if you read above response properly, it says within 3-5 days. That means it could well be today.

But sure why let facts get in the way of a whine.

Any chance you could PM me the details of your business so I can avoid having any dealing with it since you think this is an acceptable way to deal with paying customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

lawlolawl wrote: »

I do apologise for the confusion on this. The standard lead time for faults would be 3-5 working days however depending on the level of the fault the time-frame will vary. As you were advised 2-3 working days your issue will be resolved within this period. I can only apologise again for the inconvenience with this however we would unable to provide an exact time for the fault to be resolved as we can only provide time-frames as the level of work needed to resolve this can vary once the technician attends the site however the support team will work to resolve this as quickly as possible. I am very sorry I can't offer you better news on this at the moment however I have relayed your feedback on in relation to this as I can appreciate this is an inconvenience. If you would like to PM me your account number or fault reference I can confirm your fault was logged successfully. Stacey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

OP  from http://www.askcomreg.ie/tell_us/universal_service_obligation___what_it_means_for_your_phone_service.264.LE.asp
    Repair: if eircom fails to clear faults within 2 working days customers can claim the equivalent of two months line rental.

So call back ask for the number to register a complaint register the complaint ask for a complaints reference number and then when the fault is fixed call back and ask for your two months free line rental. Its not automatic and Eir get away with quoting repair times in excess of 2 days all the time. As a minimum they should be fixing 80% of faults within 2 days not 3 days or 3 to 5 days.

Advertisement