Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tenant Didn't Report Leak Resulting in Major Damage

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Most people would be stinking after going 72 hours without a wash.

I think most people can find temporary alternative means of washing when hot-water is temporarily unavailable.

There would be very rare that you can't.

What's wrong with a cold shower (and that's if there isn't an electric shower which most places have). Most people have easy enough alternatives also, between going to the pool/gym where I use the shower there the days I go and the fact I don't shower every day I end up using the shower in the house maybe once a week most of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

You can wash at a sink with a towel and a wash cloth.

There are showers in both my gym and my job.

Itd be rare for someone not to have alternative access to a shower for a short period of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

What's wrong with a cold shower (and that's if there isn't an electric shower which most places have). Most people have easy enough alternatives also, between going to the pool/gym where I use the shower there the days I go and the fact I don't shower every day I end up using the shower in the house maybe once a week most of the time.

Well I've lived in about 5 rented places throuout my 20's before buying my own place. Only one place ever had an eceltric shower. They're not as common as you may think.

Anyway, regardless we had a "no hot water" for 3 days situation earlier on in the year. Was it a pain in the backside? Sure! Was it the end of the world? No.

We managed between showers in work and at the gym. We could have gone to friends and family if necessary. The job required our full tank to be emptied so I had to wait a few days for the plumber to be able to fit in such a time consuming job. Such is life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I have been nearly two weeks without hot water in rented accommodation and yes it sucked but it wasn't the end of the world.

Is the tenant complaining about not having hot water? She has some neck considering she left it go so long.

• Advertisement

Well I've lived in about 5 rented places throuout my 20's before buying my own place. Only one place ever had an eceltric shower. They're not as common as you may think.

We never had electric showers in my home place all powershowers heated by the central heating but in the 3 places I've rented its been electric and in numerous places I've visited, friends places etc its been electric showers 90% of the time so was basing it on that. Possibly just been coincidental but I'd have thought electric showers were the norm, that being said powershowers are a much nicer experience but I'd always have one electric shower in the house if it was my own place for use in the summer as I haven't turned on the heating for about 3 months and if I had to be turning it on to heat water it would be a needless increase in the bill. Our last gas bill for just over two months was 25 euro and that included the end of the heating use, I expect the next two month bill to be less than 20 euro basically only standing charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I have had water leaks come through from the apartment above me and another one coming through the wall from the apartment beside me, it was a solid concrete wall so it was leaking for a long time, years, I'd say.... Have you checked with the neighbors to see if water has leaked into their apartments?

Advertisement