Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfit Cork

Options
  • 21-06-2016 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm looking for an early morning Crossfit to join. Hoping to find something on my route to work between blackrock and Ucc. I cycle to work so don't want to go too far out of my way. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

CiaraBucks wrote: »
    I'm looking for an early morning Crossfit to join. Hoping to find something on my route to work between blackrock and Ucc. I cycle to work so don't want to go too far out of my way. Any suggestions?

There's a place in the Dosco industrial estate on south Douglas road.

http://www.crossfitreturn.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Theres a 7 am class in oakgrove on ringmahon road, www.oakgroveleisure.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

CrossFit Le Chéile don't seem to have a website but you can find them on facebook. It's a bit past UCC on the Model Farm Road, but you'll probably have to go out of your way wherever you end up. I'm not a member myself but Kevin's an excellent coach, sound out, and doing well enough that he's looking to expand his gym. Think they have a 7:30am class.

RedIron Crossfit has a 6:30am class, but I get the impression you wouldn't want to drive to Midleton for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

CrossFit Le Chéile don't seem to have a website but you can find them on facebook. It's a bit past UCC on the Model Farm Road, but you'll probably have to go out of your way wherever you end up. I'm not a member myself but Kevin's an excellent coach, sound out, and doing well enough that he's looking to expand his gym. Think they have a 7:30am class.

RedIron Crossfit has a 6:30am class, but I get the impression you wouldn't want to drive to Midleton for it.

I see there are 3 crossfit gyms in Cork now.

Anybody heard any good/bad reports about any of them ?

Are they generally the same or what makes ones better than the other ?

There's probably more than three now? Oakgrove don't advertise themselves as crossfit but it's crossfit based. There's one in Blackpool and one on the Tramore Road somewhere? Crossfit Le Chéile have moved to a bigger gym again too, still in the Model Farm Road general area.

I was going to classes at Oakgrove for a while. The coaches were very good technically, but I always found the warm ups a bit unfocused. The sessions and WODs themselves were always good though.

If I was in the city I'd probably go to Le Chéile. I've never tried the others, and I've never had a class at Le Chéile either, but I know some members and some of the coaches and they are top class.

While we're talking gyms, I'll pimp the one that I go to for anyone in the east Cork area : Red Iron Crossfit in Midleton. Top class coaches and some of the soundest people you'll ever meet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭pabloazazel

Any update on this?? Looking for a good crossfit gym in cork

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

Any update on this?? Looking for a good crossfit gym in cork

crossfitleeside

a mate joined recently and loves it

Since I last posted in 2017, I don't know too much about gyms that have come and gone in the city. CrossFit Cork for example, who were around the corner from Le Chéile seem to be gone, and I haven't spoken to the guy I knew who was a member at Leeside for a while.

Looking back, my comments on Oakgrove probably seem a bit harsh. They have excellent coaches and classes. pabloazazel would have seen this in the other thread, but if I was in the city I'd still be going to Le Chéile. Kevin and Amy (the owners) are fantastic coaches and athletes, they've been going since 2015, and there seems to be a proper community there. Their website is a bit basic, so I'd check out their facebook page for more info.

Advertisement