Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sort your mods out, seriously

Options
  • 21-06-2016 8:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭

Just got a yellow card (lads I'm not in primary school PE any more) for calling someone who had been antagonising me in a thread a tosser (at the end of a proper post, didn't just throw that out by itself).

Yes, debate gets heated a bit, but why not let it play out in a reasonable manner? Can the mods not learn some discretion? I realise it's a thankless job, but this forum is by some margin the most overzealously modded place I've used on the web.

Life and conversations surrounding it ain't all peaches and cream, so why is this place set up that the gestapo pull up at the first whiff of disagreement? And what's with constantly locking threads? "We feel that the conversation has reached it's logical conclusion". That's nice, what happens if someone wnats to add to it or take it in a different direction? Isn't the site's tagline "now ye're talking?".

I had an account years ago and closed it for similar reasons and I'm honestly wondering why I bothered signing up again as it's the same old **** that was happening over 5 years ago.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Personal abuse has never been permitted on Boards and will generally attract a card or ban from a mod. However if you feel it was unwarranted and wish to dispute it you can do so in the Dispute Resolution forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement