Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roman Reigns Suspended for 30 days

• 21-06-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭

"STAMFORD, Conn

WWE has suspended Joe Anoa`i (Roman Reigns) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy."

http://www.wwe.com/article/roman-reigns-suspended

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The push is officially over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

That's bad for him. Explains the last few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

"STAMFORD, Conn

WWE has suspended Joe Anoa`i (Roman Reigns) for 30 days effective immediately for his first violation of the company’s talent wellness policy."

http://www.wwe.com/article/roman-reigns-suspended

Ah right so that's why he dropped the title. What a numpty of a young fella. He was given the keys to the farm by Vince(for some reason) and he balls it up. Clown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

It makes sense now as to why he lost clean on Sunday.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bret Hart wrote: »
    It makes sense now as to why he lost clean on Sunday.

Maybe, but then why the **** did they RAW
    put him in the main event of the next PPV, rather than just have Rollins beat him?

Still, and I know this sounds cruel, but thank God. Hopefully thats the end of the superpush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Why the hell bother making the triple threat so? Confused to say the least, they surely knew about this before they made the match.

Doing a date count, I think Battleground is more than 30 days away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

So what's the violation. Steroids or recreational.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Why the hell bother making the triple threat so? Confused to say the least, they surely knew about this before they made the match.

You'd think so as if he didn't need to drop the belt due to this he wouldn't have lost Sunday clean. Well battleground is in five weeks so he'll be back for that but that means Seth and dean will be doing the heavy lifting for the match(which might not be that bad of a thing)

Lord TSC wrote: »

Five weeks so yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,203 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Lord TSC wrote: »

You're right. It's July 24th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

This will mark the ruin of his career or a center piece to a pretty bad ass heel turn/return.

His reactions certainly won't be any more welcoming once he comes back, turning him heel is now the only option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Curious to see what it was for, given how protected he was and the fact he's basically covered everywhere but his arms it's not like be really needed to juice.

34 days till the PPV. So he can still do the match, but will miss the go home shows (thanks to Smackdown moving to Tuesday). He will also miss the draft, which will be a massive kick in the teeth for him, cause I would imagine he was to be a key character that show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Explains the dropping of the belt.

But it won't change the build for the next PPV it was always going to be Rollins and Ambrose on the mic and Reigns kinda being around as the guy

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wasn't there a rumour going around prior to Wrestlemania 31 that Roman failed a drugs test, and that caused Brock to walk out, guess this would be the rumour that was bubbling..

Or I could be very wrong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I'd imagine the triple threat is now a straight match for the minute, that or they scrap it completely! farthest thing from a reigns fan but this is a bit of a bummer

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wasn't there a rumour going around prior to Wrestlemania 31 that caused Brock to walk out, guess this would be the rumour that was bubbling..

Definitely heard that too, not sure exactly what the story was but I think it was something along the lines of Reigns failing a drug test and it being covered up by WWE (or just Vince in particular).

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Wasn't there a rumour going around prior to Wrestlemania 31 that caused Brock to walk out, guess this would be the rumour that was bubbling..

Yeah, there was. Something like Roman failed a test which freaked Brock, cause he worried any link between him and failed wellness tests could damage his UFC prospects, and he was willing to drop the title to Bryan or someone else, but was nearly refusing to fight Reigns. Was largely dismissed at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

martyos121 wrote: »
    Definitely heard that too, not sure exactly what the story was but I think it was something along the lines of Reigns failing a drug test and it being covered up by WWE (or just Vince in particular).

When I saw the title, I checked my bookmarks, and remembered I had this bookmarked, guess the rumour was true.

eB8ZNeu.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

A month earlier and AJ would be World Champion....Reigns can't even f*ck up properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,167 ✭✭✭✭briany

0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Roman with the forced heel turn. Vince is a genius :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Well ****, I've been avoiding Money in the Bank until this evening so the match wouldn't be spoiled on me. Fairly f*cking obvious what the outcome of the main event was now =/

This, or a pretty f*cking big muscle tear, was always on the cards. Genetically the guy is not at all suited to the muscle mass he's carrying, no doubt he's strong as f*ck but even the Rock had to get a bunch of cosmetic surgery to avoid looking a bit flabby, and by Samoan standards he was pretty damn lean, wasn't he?
    Hard to know where Vince'll go with this. Can't blame smarks or anything.
    I suspect they'll try to continue with Reigns but he'll be nowhere near as protected as he has been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Surely they won't have him in the Battleground match now. How do you work this with kids? Reigns is still
    involved guys, he just can't wrestle because he took drugs. Don't take drugs kids.

Really really hope that this is the end of the Reigns mega push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

whats the bets theyll try to give him a redemption story push when hes back :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Didn't Orton serve a suspension which was only limited to house shows?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

13495245_10100348491489159_8362095600047111709_n.jpg?oh=c352120bcea47e3ec2092233df2e8de2&oe=57C2BDDD&__gda__=1473980560_a48388dfbcf4cc2abd57b29d8608e1fe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Roman finally got a Positive Reaction though!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:P:P:P:P

Advertisement