Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roman Reigns Suspended for 30 days

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Surely coincidental...

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/745056166590353408?s=09

Vince just sold a bunch of stock at $16.50 per share

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KennyM

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Surely coincidental...

When he says "just", he's referring to the stock Vince sold on May 16th so yeah, that's a coincidence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,870 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Vince would have some explaining to do to the Stock Exchange if it wasn't a coincidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Angron wrote: »
    Well, it's a big f*ck up on his part. I wonder how this will play into the storyline though.

Anyone else and plans would change. The Golden Boy though? Vince will brute force his way through this for a month and we'll get the triple threat anyway.

Unfortunately Battleground is in Washington DC. Somewhere smarky and Reigns would get destroyed, which would be delightful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

is there any indication of what the failure was over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Surely coincidental...

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/745056166590353408?s=09

If it was a significant amount of stock, I'd say it's because he isn't confident of the brand split going well. Doubt it has a thing to do with Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The PR fail would be of epic proportions if they were brushing it under the carpet in the storyline and carrying on as normal while this was being widely reported in mainstream media.

Has gotta be Ambrose v Rollins at Battleground. I get that this doesn't tie into the idea that they knew before they took the belt off Reigns and had him become number 1 contender with Rollins, but anything else would be insane now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ambrose: "Last week, I hit Roman with the Dirty Deeds and now I'm told he's going to be out of action till Battleground, but ROLLINS, let's fight"

*No mention of Reigns again till the PPV*
    Well I mean more along the lines of will they be quick to put the title back onto him afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Rollins continues to thrive on Reigns's failures though!

Got, what? A 9 month title run purely on account of Reigns failing to get over enough to beat Lesnar? Being forced to do that much mic work has made him largely get past his biggest weakness. Gets injured at a point that means he doesn't have to do all the jobbing and comes back in time to be the guy to beat Reigns after this whole run :D

Wish it were a heel Ambrose and face Rollins right now though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Steroids would be an interesting violation and one that would bring all kind of questions on WWE.

I'm softer on Reigns than most so hopefully he just fcuked up recreationally. I wouldn't like to think that all my defending of him against the accusations of just being a roided up meathead was for nowt. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm looking forward to his return

The heat will be vicious, and brilliant

"You're a cheater CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I smiled and laughed out loud.

Then went what a fcuking ejit having the world handed to him and he fcuks it up.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Steroids would be an interesting violation and one that would bring all kind of questions on WWE.

I'm softer on Reigns than most so hopefully he just fcuked up recreationally. I wouldn't like to think that all my defending of him against the accusations of just being a roided up meathead was for nowt. :pac:
    Let's be real here though, Vince et al would likely be more pissed off if they discover it was weed for leisure than roids to maintain that look.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 RazorMcBlade

Don't care what anyone says. I have liked Reigns since NXT. All the former SHIELD members in fact. Roman messed up, yes. However, he works his ass off for whatever he has achieved. All you people can say it was handed to him, but you're the same fans who pushed him. The same people who went crazy with cheers every time Shield came through the crowd; and then Roman alone when The Shield broke up. FANS are the reasons he was pushed, and now the same fans bitch because he got pushed faster than they were willing to accept. Reigns will be back, and I hope the push continues. A good show of this is that Titus recently returned and was immediately thrust into the US Title picture. I still would love to know what violation there was. I would also assume WWE knew nothing before Raw, or they wouldn't have scheduled a triple threat for Battleground.

Don't care what anyone says. I have liked Reigns since NXT. All the former SHIELD members in fact. Roman messed up, yes. However, he works his ass off for whatever he has achieved. All you people can say it was handed to him, but you're the same fans who pushed him. The same people who went crazy with cheers every time Shield came through the crowd; and then Roman alone when The Shield broke up. FANS are the reasons he was pushed, and now the same fans bitch because he got pushed faster than they were willing to accept. Reigns will be back, and I hope the push continues. A good show of this is that Titus recently returned and was immediately thrust into the US Title picture. I still would love to know what violation there was. I would also assume WWE knew nothing before Raw, or they wouldn't have scheduled a triple threat for Battleground.
    Yeah, no, he was gave the central role in an extremely prominent faction, the protected one of the three (i.e. the dude who always finished everyone). You're out of your mind if you think he hasn't been given special treatment. He was the one who kept all the Shield related stuff after they broke up too.

People were definitely into him but he never done anything to make that sustainable. As a solo star he never even reached the levels of overness with the live audience that Ryback had in 2012.

Which isn't to say he hasn't worked his ass off, but his "I just do what they tell me" attitude as he has stated in interviews kind of implies that he still has a long way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

http://corporate.wwe.com/what-we-do/talent/abuse-and-drug-testing-policy#C4

This link shows all the banned substances on the wellness policy for WWE. Weed and alcohol are only fines though according to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well that explains an awful lot.

I doubt it will mean the end of his opportunities as I think Orton has failed one in the past and it didn't hurt him. Plus they need star power with the brand split coming up so they can't afford to hurt him too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Vince's fetish for 80's muscle men is the reason he was pushed, I don't think Reigns has any fans.

Oh stop. Titus did a stupid thing that Vince didn't like but to my knowledge he's never failed a wellness test. Yeah Titus was thrust into russevs fist. Battleground is 33 days away and it's only a 30 day suspension so they could still suspend him and have the triple threat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In reality though, if they want to pretend in any way that the matches are legit, they can't go ahead with the triple threat. The fact they've reported this, though not on tv, means they know he qualified for a title match while on banned substances.

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    In reality though, if they want to pretend in any way that the matches are legit, they can't go ahead with the triple threat. The fact they've reported this, though not on tv, means they know he qualified for a title match while on banned substances.

They don't and won't present the matches as legit. I mean Vince didn't go to all the trouble to admit they aren't in the 1980s to get out of paying taxes on sports in some us states to try and pretend it's on the level now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 KennyM

martyos121 wrote: »
    If it was a significant amount of stock, I'd say it's because he isn't confident of the brand split going well. Doubt it has a thing to do with Reigns.

It's neither. Apparently it is to do with Vince freeing up funds for his estate.

Reading the thread, there's a lot of debate about what this means for Reigns' push. Bryan Alvarez & Dave Meltzer have clarified this failure was known late last week. Therefore Monday's Raw was designed to get Roman in next months pay per view top slot before he serves his time. So, while this may impact on his standing long term, the fact is that the FIRST THING THEY DID on getting this news was write a storyline that would allow him still be in the main event at the PPV. So it appears highly unlikely that his standing has been greatly affected.

Plus they need star power with the brand split coming up so they can't afford to hurt him too much.
    Yep, they've left themselves in a position where they can't really back away from him now. With Cena out in the lead up to Mania, it was painfully clear that they've put so much into Reigns that it's going to be very difficult to deviate away from him unless Cena's around, the brand split just further complicates things.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kind of puts a downer on Ambrose's title win now too, cause it looks like he got it because who they wanted to have it got caught doing stuff, not because they actually wanted to put it on Ambrose :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Fun fact: I found out about this when the guy serving me in a Centra recognised my Ambrose shirt and asked me if I'd heard about it.

We out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 enya kenny

If you see any interviews outside of wrestling he is a complete and utter tool. Doesn't care about wrestling, all he cares about is the pay packet but its not his fault really that WWE were pushing him so hard.

They have done this whole shield reunion arseways which is actually really really worrying and think i'm actually finished watching RAW becauae of thia. Why not let Kevin Owens win money in the bank? It would keep us in suspense for months on end.

Let Rollins win the title against Roman and then next Raw Dean asks for a title shot and Shane says no. Over the coming weeks Dean starts attacking Roman and Seth backstage, destroys their cars, Robs Seths title belt, go full lunatic which hes meant to beand keeps it up until Shane gives him a title match and could be a triple threat match.

The three of them look like drinking buddies in the ring and not believing the rivarly or deans whole lunatic gimmick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Foolish git but he will learn his lesson now

So how will they explain his absence on TV. 'He's taking a sabbatical to prepare for battle ground and will return at the ppv' ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Foolish git but he will learn his lesson now

So how will they explain how absence on TV. 'He's taking a sabbatical to prepare for battle ground and will return at the ppv' ??

I'd say something like this

' He was carrying a injury'

He's a Feckin eejit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

wrestler takes steroids shocker

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

wrestler takes steroids shocker

Jaysus you're some chancer with comments like that!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

They have pushed him so hard they almost can't de-push him now for fear of it all being for nothing. If he is pushed away from the title picture he will cease to look like the star they want him to be percieved as cos he isn't great in the ring (improving but still just average), weak on the mic and not over.

Therefore one would think the push will continue.

Most likely as mentioned some throw away line about how he picked up an diagnosed knock and doctors advised him to take time off. Maybe they pull him from the triple threat but have him return during Seth vs Dean at Battleground and set the triple threat up for Summerslam instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Kind of puts a downer on Ambrose's title win now too, cause it looks like he got it because who they wanted to have it got caught doing stuff, not because they actually wanted to put it on Ambrose :(

Ah they could have just kept it on Rollins and have Ambrose chase him while Reigns was out.

Maybe it happened quicker than expected but I still like to think that he's value for his run, as there were other options for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Ah they could have just kept it on Rollins and have Ambrose chase him while Reigns was out.

Maybe it happened quicker than expected but I still like to think that he's value for his run, as there were other options for sure.

i wonder if they were going to try keep it quiet and then found out that it was going to break from somewhere so had to release the news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

they should have written him ou at raw.

some injury or somehing.

also, anyone saying this is the end of his push is crazy.

itll be the same as before.

randy failed twice. sill bcame champion after

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

wud Vince Mcmahon pass a wellness test ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd be more concerned about him passing a mental wellness test.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

These days? Probably yes. He'd simply make sure he took the stuff that would not show up on the test :P

Nody wrote: »
    These days? Probably yes. He'd simply make sure he took the stuff that would not show up on the test :P

He's a fine specimen of a man is Vince

He does workout and eats healthy so it could be all natural ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

13502106_1114203748618678_1204647736946198204_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=055209382f0e728347bff97d798b0c3a&oe=580986D6&__gda__=1475469953_20e88496c230adcc2e280c37894f147f

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

He's a fine specimen of a man is Vince

He does workout and eats healthy so it could be all natural ??
    Could be but seeing his history I doubt it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with both Jerry and Roman being suspended, I was wondering have they ever mentioned anyone's suspension on air before? Outside of someone using it to take a dig at an opponent in a promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

its a minor suspension....

is he an idiot.... yes!!
    will it be a mark on his relationship with vince.... absolutely!!
    will he be dropped to midcard nowhere.... Not a chance!!

WWE have invested so much in Reigns at this stage and my first thoughts when i heard it that i wonder when he actually failed the test! Its easy to cover over the 30 days on TV.... just have cole say no sign of reigns tonight.... and build him.... when his suspension is over 4 days before battleground have him do loads on social media.... videos of him in the gym.... and have him in the triple threat!

Sure it messes up the plans for the draft as i guarantee he would have been 1 of the top 2 picks so that changes it a little bit!!

When evaluating this it doesn't make sense to do this in a vacuum. This isn't someone popular failing, this is someone who was completely up on a podium having a massive amount to prove because such a high percentage (really it's impossible to speculate just how high) of WWE fans wanted him nowhere near his current spot.

WWE have been kind of silently saying 'no don't worry guys we've got this one right, just you wait and see' and now this happens and he is going to be slaughtered over this by live crowds every night when he returns.

If this isn't affecting his stock with WWE then the people tasked with evaluating it aren't doing their job properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This could be a blessing in disguise for Reigns. There is now no way they can continue to push him as superman and are unlikely to be able to keep him as a baby face for much longer. Let him come back and blame the fans. There expectations and demands were too much to handle and he had to get relief somehow. Now, fuck the fans. Have him just murder unimportant fan favourites like Zack Ryder for a while before moving on to more important people like Ambrose who he can claim stole his spotlight or something.

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    This could be a blessing in disguise for Reigns. There is now no way they can continue to push him as superman and are unlikely to be able to keep him as a baby face for much longer. Let him come back and blame the fans. There expectations and demands were too much to handle and he had to get relief somehow. Now, fuck the fans. Have him just murder unimportant fan favourites like Zack Ryder for a while before moving on to more important people like Ambrose who he can claim stole his spotlight or something.

The thing with Reigns is he has no real prospect of being a Rock, Stone Cold, Rollins type who pretty much got themselves more over as a heel than they ever could as a face. He doesn't have the charisma to make people '"love to hate him'. We'll just hate him and that is why his best bet is to play the perma-heel role and make the best of that being the foil to whoever the face of the day is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I think so too

Have him come back as a heel with a manager

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think so too

Stephanie!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CSF wrote: »
    Stephanie!!!

Nah, I'd say bring back Vickie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think so too

good idea actually, get a feeling roman could be excellent as a paul heyman guy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement