Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roman Reigns Suspended for 30 days

13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Depp wrote: »
    good idea actually, get a feeling roman could be excellent as a paul heyman guy!

Not sure if I would suggest Paulie but... He's one of the few non Brock guys that could work as a Heyman guy atm as almost everyone else would be an after thought a la Cesaro and co were as Heyman continues to talk up his Client Brock Lesnar even when he isn't there. Reigns though would have the WWE machine behind him so would not be the same as those andI think Heyman would have a field day talking him up, riling up the crowd etc.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Imagine it was weed he was done for.

'I was gonna be the guy, but then I got high'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So according to this recent vid they're sticking with the triple threat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xiYAi5hDTE

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Read on Reddit that the wellness policy specifically states that it only applies to regular performers.

http://corporate.wwe.com/what-we-do/talent/abuse-and-drug-testing-policy
    17. APPLICABILITY OF THIS POLICY
    This Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, is applicable to and binding upon all WWE Talent under contract to WWE who regularly perform in-ring services as a professional sports entertainer (“WWE Talent”)

So yeah, get injured, get a prescription (keep it in date), get a part time deal and you can take what you want.

The get out clauses make someone like Reigns look even worse for getting caught

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

DM_7 wrote: »
    Read on Reddit that the wellness policy specifically states that it only applies to regular performers.

http://corporate.wwe.com/what-we-do/talent/abuse-and-drug-testing-policy

So yeah, get injured, get a prescription (keep it in date), get a part time deal and you can take what you want.

The get out clauses make someone like Reigns look even worse for getting caught

Wonder which Triple H falls under. Performer or management?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 enya kenny

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Wonder which Triple H falls under. Performer or management?

A big nosed gimp

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

WWE ordered Roman Reigns to apologize after his suspension was announced according to The Observer.
    The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting WWE ordered Roman Reigns to go to the locker room and apologize to everyone after his 30 day suspension was announced.

According to a source, Reigns went to the locker room and apologized to everyone before flying home, and it came with mixed reactions. The Observer noted the source said there was no need to humiliate him, but other people disagreed. The request reportedly was made by Mark Carrano, which would mean it came down from Paul Levesque, not Vince McMahon.

On a related note, Reigns won’t get paid any wrestling pay during the suspension, which was guessed to be around $100,000, less than what he’d miss out on if he was suspended from any PPV’s too. Reigns will still get paid merchandise and royalty checks, but will miss out on live event, PPV and downside guarantee money.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/724105-wwe-reportedly-orders-roman-reigns-to-apologize-to-locker-room-following-suspension-announcement-cody-rhodes-upset-about-leaked-legends-deal-talks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd imagine many eyes were rolled at his apology. It's basically a month off with some pay and then he's thrown back into the main event picture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Between TV and that, it does sound like they've soured on him hugely, mind.

They're in a position where they really can't not push him, but I'd imagine all delusions of him being the next Cena are completely gone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Is it just me or does $1.2m a year before PPV bonus, merchandising and royalties seem excessive for someone as unproven as Reigns?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I would imagine he got a new deal recently considering the Shield came up to the main roster almost 4 years ago and when you consider that he is earmarked to be a top guy for years to come a multi year deal like that would not be excessive. Perhaps like the push he has gotten you could argue he has not earned it but I could understand why they would offer the main they see as the next top guy such a deal. For example if it was a 5 year deal that he only just signed a few months back he could very easily be their "New John Cena" in 2020 but still be only (I say only it's still a sh!t tonne) earning that amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Is it just me or does $1.2m a year before PPV bonus, merchandising and royalties seem excessive for someone as unproven as Reigns?

They work 5 nights a week that works out about $5k a night not bad going even if you have to pay for your own travel, accommodation, tax & insurance for what probably works out for no more than 20 minutes of ring time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

They work 5 nights a week that works out about $5k a night not bad going even if you have to pay for your own travel, accommodation, tax & insurance for what probably works out for no more than 20 minutes of ring time.
    20 minutes of ring time, probably several hours in a gym each day for a guy like Reigns (as a requirement, realistically), a travel schedule that damn near leaves your life as if you were living on an oil rig.

I mean, I really don't think Reigns has earned it relative to what other performers get (and I feel like he disproportionately will get paid a lot more from merch than he deserves (just by virtue of his face being plastered on a lot of generic WWE stuff), but $1.2 million is **** all for one of the most prominent assets of a product that realistically has very few of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

With the apology, you just know HHH has a complete hard on for the "respect", earning dues with the boys n all that stuff that makes many wrestlers look so self-important.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

According to the WON, Roman Reigns’ Wellness suspension was due to a positive drug test for Adderall. Adderall is best known as a drug used to test ADHD but is banned by most sports organizations because it can can mask fatigue and pain and make people more alert and is used recreationally by some.

WWE does not reveal what drugs people test positive for, and performers are “strongly encouraged not to publicly talk about it and just take their punishment.” For what it's worth, WWE Superstars who test positive for marijuana are fined and not suspended from the company.

Reigns came off his suspension as of Wednesday.

Gonna be weird when fans chant steroids at him but probably won't at Lesnar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ERG89 wrote: »

Best punishment for Reigns now would be an awfully ironic ADHD gimmick. Gets distracted by little things in matches and it leads to him losing a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

martyos121 wrote: »
    Best punishment for Reigns now would be an awfully ironic ADHD gimmick. Gets distracted by little things in matches and it leads to him losing a lot.

Too late upon discovering this Roman Reigns will be the new head of creative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ADHD might explain all corner time he takes during matches SuperNanny sent him there instead of the naughty step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ERG89 wrote: »

For me the most interesting narrative for this triple threat tomorrow evening isn't the Raw vs Smackdown stuff.

Instead, it's this, how the WWE reacts to what is inevitably going to be a worse than ever reaction to Reigns. Do they follow what they've been doing for so long, ignore it, have him be a face anyway, and just refer to him as polarising or something, or do they finally pull that trigger.

Whenever you hear interviews with old wrestlers, they're either not understanding why the fans dislike Reigns so much or talking about how he just needs to keep working to turn it around. This sh*t baffles me. Some of the people are people like Nash who would have killed to be hated as much as Reigns while in WWE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

He came back last night at a house show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

That's one poor spear lads!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That's one poor spear lads!

Rollins will get blamed for not making it look strong :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

J. Marston wrote: »

Good idea to bring him back at a house show...its the only time he's ever semi over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I'd say the reaction was more to do with "OMG we got a surprise appearance from someone who wasn't meant to be here!" than "Yay, it's Roman!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

J. Marston wrote: »

wwe in full damage controll after letting that spear out to the public :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,874 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

After Raw, do you think he will turn heel and cost Balor the SS title match or is there someone else on Raw roster for him to face at SS, Cesaro or Y2J maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    After Raw, do you think he will turn heel and cost Balor the SS title match or is there someone else on Raw roster for him to face at SS, Cesaro or Y2J maybe?

Not likely. During the intermission at house shows this weekend they were giving out free signed Reigns posters, and it seemed to work as he got a good reaction in his main event matches. This suggests they are still trying to get him over as a baby, or is this something they always do anyway?

Advertisement