Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burial.'s Reading Log

Options
  • 21-06-2016 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭

I have finally gotten back into my childhood love of reading. I have spent several hundred euro on books recently in the hope of inspiring me to read extensively again.

I'm a firm believer in the power of a physical book compared to a digital copy, although I have a Kindle knocking about too.

I have read a few of my newly both books already, which I'll post about in due course.

Burial.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Some books I have read recently:

How To Win Friends And Influence People by Dale Carnegie

51SwGh%2BfzXL._SX306_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Obviously a classic and for good reason. Fantastic book, it's a book I reread once a year at least. I love the old anecdotes as well as the timeless advice. Really should be required reading for early teenagers.

What Every Body is Saying by Joe Navarro

517O7QWZw7L._SX330_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I love body language and non verbals. It's always fascinated me. I firmly believe that people are losing more and more of their animal and primal nature consciously, so by knowing body language and the meaning ad significance of them in the modern day it can be super beneficial to you. This book is a great read. Super easy to read, I think I finished the book in a day and a bit and I had tonnes of stuff highlighted from it. One of my favourites.

Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki

rich_dad_poor_dad_book.png

I have no respect for money, I love spending money and I hate this notion of saving for a rainy day. By reading this book it showed me that my mentality is correct, albeit the way I spend money is wrong. It's really motivated me to make the most of the money I spend and his cash flow system and examples are enlightening to say the least. Another book every teenager should receive.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

0857080091.jpg

Obviously another classic. I got the above copy which is a more business geared translation. Bit hard to read, takes a few attempts to grasp some concepts but it's a real gem. Applicable to all areas of life. The little translations done help a lot in relation to the modern business minded individual.

Books I am currently reading:

The Power of Now
    Psycho Cybernetics
    The Definitive Book of Body Language

• Advertisement
Advertisement