Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mullingar 10 17.7.16@11am

• 21-06-2016 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

There appears to be considerable interest in this from a few Boardsies so time to start a thread. Have done this the past two years since it began and cannot recommend it enough, it's a flat a 10 mile route you will find and an excellently ran race by Mullingar Harriers, epic spread after to.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

tang1 wrote: »
    There appears to be considerable interest in this from a few Boardsies so time to start a thread. Have done this the past two years since it began and cannot recommend it enough, it's a flat a 10 mile route you will find and an excellently ran race by Mullingar Harriers, epic spread after to.

I'm in anyway I think. Hopefully I see some progress from ballycotton in March.

If training goes well as pb may be on the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Im planning on this as a tune up for Berlin and will hopefully have a crack off my PB. Looking forward to it as ive never raced over the distance outside Frank Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

I'm on for this one too , good to see there's a few heading, sounds like a good course too so a possible crack at the PB ( training load dependent !)

What about parking and that beforehand Tang - handy enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Duanington wrote: »
    What about parking and that beforehand Tang - handy enough?

Plenty provided in the surrounding fields which are only a short walk from registration and shorter walk from the finish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Entry is here by the way, doesn't seem to be a website setup, just a FB page.

https://register.primoevents.com/ps/event/Mullingar10Mile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Fantastic race. Did it last year and couldnt recomment it enough. Fabulous course and fabulous spread afterwards. I dont think I'll make it this year between family commitments and poor training :( so far. I may yet use it for a training run, just to take part.

One piece of advice...there were tee shirts last year...I ordered a large and they were all gone when I arrived so ended up wtih a medium which was, shall we say....snug !! So if tee shirts are your thing I'd get there early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Course wise what are we looking at compared to the old Frank Duffy course of the last 4 years? Many would disagree with me but i think the FD was a deceptively fast course if tackled correctly.

Course wise what are we looking at compared to the old Frank Duffy course of the last 4 years? Many would disagree with me but i think the FD was a deceptively fast course if tackled correctly.

Can't comment on the FD course S, but there is nothing that I would consider a climb on the Mullingar course. There's a GPS link in the race profiles thread to compare both. I think it's as quick a route you will get for ten miles.

Anymore takers, on this coming Sunday. Weather looks set to improve they say come the weekend.

What's the craic with number collection on Sunday? They don't seem to have a website setup do they?

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    What's the craic with number collection on Sunday? They don't seem to have a website setup do they?

Past two years number collection was up to 10.45am the morning of the race at Dalystown School, Race HQ. No website, just a Facebook page which will have more details on it later in the week I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Ok to register on the day?

Very well organised race, nice course and good setup afterwards, recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Thanks to all at Mullingar AC for a really well organised race, I would definitely recommend this race and hope to be back next year.
    My first outing in my new AG and while I'm a very long way off my best I ran as well as I could on the day so you can't ask for more than that :)
    Like everyone I suffered with that oppressive heat in the second half and it was challenging to say the least. At one stage I was running along feeling like my feet were about to catch fire with a cloud of flies around my head (even though I had a shower that morning!):eek::eek:
    The finish line was a very welcome sight and the food afterwards was super.

I'm delighted to see from the Facebook page that the man who needed medical attention is doing well now. Very encouraging to see so many of the runners were first responders and everyone worked really well together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

I'd echo what people have said so far - well organised race, good route, nice atmosphere and no issues getting to\from race HQ - well done Mullingar AC

Advertisement