Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Brother US Season 18

Options
  • 21-06-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭

Starts tomorrow night with a 2 hour opener followed by a 1 hour episode the following night.

Looks like there's a few twists from the outset, one rumoured twist in particular that I'll be somewhat happy to see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Oops, didn't see your thread. I deleted my own. :)

12 of the 16 houseguests have been revealed, including Paulie (brother of Cody from 2 years ago) and Tiffany (sister of last year's Vanessa)

Battle of the Block is gone, replaced by a new competition on Sunday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Is this on telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Mr E wrote: »
    Oops, didn't see your thread. I deleted my own. :)

12 of the 16 houseguests have been revealed, including Paulie (brother of Cody from 2 years ago) and Tiffany (sister of last year's Vanessa)

Battle of the Block is gone, replaced by a new competition on Sunday night.
    Wasn't sure how blind people like to be going into each season so I left out some of those details. There's strong rumours as to who the other 4 guests will be.

Delighted there's no more BOTB.

Looking forward to it.

I think that was a really good opener! I like the returning guests (apart from Da'vonne - she still wrecks my head and I can't see her lasting much longer than last year).

I don't know how Tiffany thought she could keep her secret - she is the spitting image of Vanessa.

The team thing is an interesting dynamic, almost like forced alliances. I can see teammates turning on each other before too long.

The two elimination competitions were pretty clever and really emphasized teamwork.

Nice start to the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭hasdanta

I can't wait for the feeds to start!!!

• Advertisement

Episode 2 was good too... looks like a vets (plus maybe Tiffany and Paulie) vs. the newbies battle is brewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Good to see Frank and James back, some of my favourite housemates from past seasons. Frank was a beast on his season. I predict that "rocker" bloke will be the biggest gob****e on the show but early days yet.

Looking forward to Bronte and Nicole's first televised conversation. I wonder how long it will take me to reach for the volume control? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭cazwhatever

I don't understand the obsession with Bronte - they have her narrating literally everything that happens in the DR. She must have had 4-5 DRs in last nights episode when we didn't see Natalie, Michelle or Zakiyah once in the whole episode! She is already wrecking my head and I don't find her funny at all, she reminds me of Anick from BBCAN.

Sorry to see Glenn go, that comp was not designed for him at all. It really was Corey's game to lose - he is so tall and long he could reach everything with very little effort.

Wish Paul was on the block with Josea, it would have made for an interesting week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Some of the newbies are seriously stupid - namely Jozea, Paul and to a slightly lesser extent Victor (at least he's likeable).

James, Nicole and Frank are some of my favourites from their respective seasons, and compared to the aforementioned Jozea and Paul plus the fact she's aligned with the other vets, Da'vonne is much easier to like and root for than she was last season.

I'm kinda glad Glenn went first, because there's nothing more frustrating than someone who can't pronounce the word "frustrating" but insists on constantly using it anyway.

I hope Paulie is successful pawn, because it'd be a shame to lose him so early on.

Bronte needs to go sooner rather than later, if not for her voice, for the fact that when telling people how to remember her name she said "like the Brontosaurus" rather than making the glaringly obvious reference to the Bronte Sisters.

• Advertisement

The return of Nicole was the pre-season snippet of news that I was hoping would come true. Would have been super pissed if she was gone within 24 hours.

Not much to add to what others have already said, some gobsh*te newbies might make this a somewhat competitive opening few weeks.

The Paulie nomination move is a big risk and how it plays out could really dictate the entire season. I think Nicole could have simply thrown Jozea and Paul up and be done with it.

Hope the 'team competition' doesn't continue in it's current format but sounds like it's here to stay.

I hear they may no longer be reading out the number of votes during the eviction ceremony which could really make things interesting. Hope the players are aware of the change.

The BB Roadkill competition is genius. Paranoia through the roof. :)

The alliances are kicking it up a notch too (even if one of them isn't too bright)

Shaping up to be a fun season.

This is the first time an alliance that big, so early on in the game has felt like a potentially winning alliance to me. If they can stick together, I wouldn't be surprised to see them dominate the entire season. Probably helps that it has pretty much all the likeable people in it.

The 6 other players are somewhat delusional. Shame bridgettte has found herself on the wrong side of the numbers. She has potential. Maybe she'll get some sense and try position herself in some sort of floater position.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Jozea is watching the first batch of episodes (which will probably be as soon as this weekend the way things are going). The poor guy is completely deluded.

Bronte is melting my head and not because of her high pitched voice. She's been getting sh*t loads of diary room time due to her giving the producers exactly what they're looking for. Seems so forced to me though and not sure why there's much need to having to see the game from her perspective on such a regular basis.

There's quiet a few in there getting on my nerves. I guess the game wouldn't be the same without them.

Purvey James is getting away with murder though.

8 pack vs. a bunch of floaters is not very exciting.
    After a fun start, this has flatlined a bit.

Enjoying James' antics though.

The format isn't going to do anything to help with changing that too. The team based HoH comp plus the BB Roadkill means that I can't see anything other than 8 pack domination.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

How do you guys watch this?
    Any chance it's on youtube?

Paul has grown on me a little - at least he understand the game, has come across quite a bit more likeable than he did in the beginning, and has the potential to be an underdog to root for if this majority alliance holds tight.

Tiffany on the other hand has done the exact opposite and gone way down in my estimation. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and not just write her off as being a mini-Vanessa (who really annoyed me last season). But despite all of Vanessa's flaws, she was a damn good strategist - Tiffany unfortunately doesn't even have that going in her favour.

Biggest shock for me so far this season is that I'm 100% on the same wavelength as Da'vonne - had you told me that this time last year, not a chance in hell would I have believed you.

Obviously, I'm loving James and his pranks, and apart from Tiffany I do genuinely like everyone in that majority alliance and want to see them progress, even though that would mostly mean evictions by the numbers until the rest have been voted off (but the sooner Bronte is gone the better, Natalie and Bridgette don't add anything at the moment, as I said hope Paul stays around as the underdog, and I think Victor could be an enjoyable antagonist for a good few weeks if he manages to stay in that long).

• Advertisement

Paul has grown on me a little - at least he understand the game, has come across quite a bit more likeable than he did in the beginning, and has the potential to be an underdog to root for if this majority alliance holds tight.

HATED him the first couple of episodes but have to say I'm warming up to him. The way he played off not picking Victor to play for veto was genius! I think he could become a really good player now that he has toned down his OTT personality

Predictable eviction, but not a predictable HOH. With the 8 pack falling apart, things are about to get interesting.

Would have preferred a Paul win with Frank being vulnerable but at least it's someone on the other side if the house with some power.

It'll be interesting to see who gets targeted.

So do we all hate Frank now?

Glad to see a bit of a shake up happening within the house.

S.M.B. wrote: »

Frank is a pig! Delighted to see a possible fracture in the 8 pack though - a large alliance like that would dominate the first half of the game (like the First 5 in BBCAN). Much prefer a bit of uncertainty, makes for a more interesting game.

I don't want Frank to go just yet though because he would more than likely win the buyback, so I hope they wait until that's over to evict him so he has no chance of coming back. Really, really dislike him! :mad:

Frank is a bit full of himself alright. Definitely came across as a bit of a bully in that episode too.

So do we all like Frank again now?

So do we all like Frank again now?

There defenitely does seem to be a bit of a Love/Hate thing going on with Frank... ;)

He was being an absolute dick last week and seemed irredeemable, but there still is something likeable about him all the same.

The battle back was a bit of a lame duck - I didn't really enjoy it.

If I hear someone saying "your boy" one more time, I'm going to smash my monitor.

I like the sound of the next twist actually (even though it sounds like something BB Canada would do).

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    The battle back was a bit of a lame duck - I didn't really enjoy it.

If I hear someone saying "your boy" one more time, I'm going to smash my monitor.

I like the sound of the next twist actually (even though it sounds like something BB Canada would do).

Please don't smash your monitor Mr E, because they're definitely gonna say it again, a lot... It's really f**king grating though.

Didn't really need an entire episode dedicated to the Battle Back - it was a bit redundant, but I think the right person got back in.

Advertisement