Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too late for CAO?

• 21-06-2016 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I dropped out of college 2 years ago to work but am trying to get back into it.
    I am familiar to how the process works by applying through CAO and such.
    I am looking to go back to Uni in September 2016 but have not applied through the CAO, the deadline for late applicants is the 1st of May and it's now the 21st of June.

I know it is probably too late, but if anyone has any information on if it is possible to apply to a college or IT after the deadline it would be a great help.
    Cheers!

BTW first time posting anything to boards so wasnt too sure which forum to post this in :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

You could try looking around their website but I don't think that you'll be able to get a course via the CAO this year. :(

I believe that you have to register again before the deadline, but if you had registered with the CAO before, you could try logging in with your original CAO details.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Kaneki

Go to the CAO website and
    Click on July 22nd applicant
    Good Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6 VolcanoBong

Kaneki wrote: »
    Go to the CAO website and
    Click on July 22nd applicant
    Good Luck

Since I dropped out can I still apply for this?
    I think you have to be currently in a course to qualify for it but am not sure

Since I dropped out can I still apply for this?
    I think you have to be currently in a course to qualify for it but am not sure

How old are you? What year are you starting college at? e.g Year 1.. etc..

Apparently you do have until July 22nd to apply but you have to contact the Admissions Office of the HEI first if you can submit DIRECTLY to the college you want to study in.
    Hope this helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 VolcanoBong

I am 21 and will be starting from year 1 again, I emailed CAO office asking about the 22nd of July applications and they replied saying you have to be an undergraduate student in a University. I was in NUI Galway when I dropped out and would have to go into their admissions office to get my CAO payment form stamped from them. I don't think they'd do that since I dropped out over a year ago but I'll go in anyways and try my luck

I am 21 and will be starting from year 1 again, I emailed CAO office asking about the 22nd of July applications and they replied saying you have to be an undergraduate student in a University. I was in NUI Galway when I dropped out and would have to go into their admissions office to get my CAO payment form stamped from them. I don't think they'd do that since I dropped out over a year ago but I'll go in anyways and try my luck

Good luck 👌

Advertisement