Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6 battery drain

Options
  • 21-06-2016 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

Hi all

The battery on my phone has gone haywire over the past week or so. This morning the battery died 50 minutes after it had been unplugged from the charger (100% charged) with very little usage. It could be at 50%, I'd lock it and then when it's unlocked 10 minutes later it's on 1%. I'm having to charge to 100% at least 5 times a day.

I've app refresh off, all battery heavy apps deleted and the battery usage bit in settings isn't showing any one cause. It's had no knocks or spills or anything.

It was bought in November 2014 so it's outside its 1 year Apple warranty, but Vodafone will send it away for me. I hate having Vodafone send it off since they never have a proper loan phone and it takes forever.

Any ideas of a way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Have you tried a reset? Hold the power and home buttons together until an apple appears on screen. Failing that, it could be just a bug that won't go until you restore the phone in iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Hi all

The battery on my phone has gone haywire over the past week or so. This morning the battery died 50 minutes after it had been unplugged from the charger (100% charged) with very little usage. It could be at 50%, I'd lock it and then when it's unlocked 10 minutes later it's on 1%. I'm having to charge to 100% at least 5 times a day.

I've app refresh off, all battery heavy apps deleted and the battery usage bit in settings isn't showing any one cause. It's had no knocks or spills or anything.

It was bought in November 2014 so it's outside its 1 year Apple warranty, but Vodafone will send it away for me. I hate having Vodafone send it off since they never have a proper loan phone and it takes forever.

Any ideas of a way around this?

You've got like a 6 year warranty with Apple under Irish consumer law, not 1.

http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

guil wrote: »
    Have you tried a reset? Hold the power and home buttons together until an apple appears on screen. Failing that, it could be just a bug that won't go until you restore the phone in iTunes.

I've done a reset-no change. I haven't tried a restore, would it have to be a fresh install or could I restore from backup? Thanks :)

Thanks for this, great link! Where it says to contact the seller for claim/repair, does this mean I have to go through Vodafone since I bought the phone from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

You can only approach Apple if you bought it direct from them. Contract is with Vodafone as they were the seller and Vodafone offer a 2 year warranty on phones anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

You don't have a 6 year warranty with Apple. You get a one year warranty from Apple. If you bought direct from them you have a claim period of 6 years from date of delivery but the important thing to note is:
    Under Irish consumer law, any defect or non-conformity of goods with the contract which becomes apparent within 6 months of delivery are presumed to have existed at the time of delivery. After the expiry of this 6 month period, the burden to prove that the defect or non-conformity of goods with the contract existed on delivery generally shifts to the consumer.

So I've wiped and set up from back up and then set up as a new phone. Seeing marginal improvements in rate of battery drop but its now dying at 40% so no real improvement.

Does anyone have any other ideas short of sending it away?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,485 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

So I've wiped and set up from back up and then set up as a new phone. Seeing marginal improvements in rate of battery drop but its now dying at 40% so no real improvement.

Does anyone have any other ideas short of sending it away?

Let your battery drain completely. Charge to 100% without using.

Use as normal and let it drain once more completely and charge again 100% without using.

This should reset it. Worked for me recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭aine1980

I'm having the same issue today, fully charged twice today - last time is took 2hours 35 minutes for the battery to go from 100% down to 3%.. will try suggestions above, thanks

Advertisement