Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riverdance - Advice Needed!

Options
  • 22-06-2016 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Howdy! I sincerely hope I'm posting this on the right forum.

I'm just here to see if anyone could give me some advice about Riverdance, which I'll be going to on Saturday 25th June in the Gaiety Theatre at 19:30. I'm completely unfamiliar with Dublin (and big cities in general), attending gigs/concerts, and how to get to and from places, so I'm hoping I'll get some tips! I'll just list out my questions below, and I'm terribly sorry but there's quite a few of them!

Would I be better off driving (from Ballinasloe), or would the train be handier? How would one get from Heuston to the Gaiety? Are the times awkward? If anyone has been to Riverdance, would they be able to give me an estimate as to how long it goes on for - I'd be able to look up train/bus times this way. Is parking expensive or awkward to get to? Does the Gaiety have food/drink that's worth buying? I'm in Row A of the Grand Section, how's the view from there?

I think that's it for now, haha...! Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

It isn't too complicated to get from Heuston to the Gaiety. From the bus stop outside the station, the 145 bus brings you up to Kildare St and Stephens Green (I'm not too sure how frequently it goes, but I'm sure the Dublin Bus website has timetables etc).
    From there it's just a 5 minute stroll down along the green to South King St (that's at the top of Grafton St, if you're not sure, and the theatre is down on the right hand side).

You could also get the luas from outside the station door to Abbey St (just off O'Connell St) and walk up to the Gaeity from there (give yourself 15 / 20 mins) if you fancy a stroll up O'Connell St, College Green and Grafton St, but obviously the bus leaves you closer.

If you're driving, there is paid parking around there (eg the College of Surgeon's Car park, Mercer St, general on street parking in the area)...probably a bit more complicated because of your unfamiliarity with the city, and the fact that the city centre is in a mess because of the new luas works, but it is doable, so don't let that put you off.

I wouldn't know anything about the length of the show, but you could buzz the Gaiety for those kind of specifics I'm sure. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

The Luas is currently only running as far as Jervis due to the Luas works - it would be a 15 minute walk from there.
    In regards to food/drink, is this for during the show? Or a bite to eat (dinner) before hand?

Advertisement