Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 16), June 24th

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Cant imagine us getting anything from our trip to Oriel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

kksaints wrote: »
    Cant imagine us getting anything from our trip to Oriel.
    Completely agree with this analysis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I should be looking forward to the return of the league, but the hope is gone. Hopefully Harry will have lit a fire under their arses!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Remember to keep your eyes peeled for elderly couples who need their tyres changed while on your way to the match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

dan1895 wrote: »
    Remember to keep your eyes peeled for elderly couples who need their tyres changed while on your way to the match.

I can see the Indos headline now.
    "League of Ireland Fans harass elderly couple".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Friend of mine the other day:

"The Irish football fans are great aren't they? All those videos and their support is pretty incredible over there too. Would love to go"

Me:

"Bohs are playing on Friday. Come to that instead and we'll have a few pints"

Friend:

"I wouldn't watch that shíte"

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It was interesting to watch people complain about the quality of players in the Irish team. We have the team we deserve. If people arent going to support Irish clubs, they'll never have the resources to develop the better players the international team needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Pighead wrote: »
    Completely agree with this analysis.

Sadly, so do I. Stop this season, I want to get off. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Back to reality! Hoping for a win against Waterford!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

In fairness there should be an extra buzz around all the grounds on Friday night, can't imagine any LOI fan not feeling just a little hyped right now, although unfortunately no increased attendance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Well done to everyone going to watch a football match this weekend. Incredible achievement!!

Don't forget to brag endlessly on social media about how great you are and demand an award for not indulging in criminal behaviour.

I'm sure it'll all be endlessly covered by Joe.ie, balls.ie and the Indo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Lucena

I'm not going to the football this weekend, but just by posting on here I should get the freedom of the city!

C'mon Dublin Rovers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

2-0 Dundalk. Yuck. More or less what I expected, but still :( Really not enjoying this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Another ****e crowd in Oriel tonight. Ridiculous that the Champions of Ireland can barely get 2000 people through the gate for a game against Pats.

I'd say Kenny has to be feeling under appreciated. The man has performed miracles over the kast three years and there's fcuk al people turning up to shoe their appreciation.

On the game itself Pats were very poor. Think old Liamo's time is up. They played like complete minnows. Sat back, barely attacked us and didn't even get stuck in. So placid. New manager needed I reckon to put some fire back into their bellies. We didn't play great but McEleaney was excellent and it was nice to see Kilduff get a goal and an assist. Cork won't win this league. Beat us then fcuk up against a poor Rovers side. Same old story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sounds to me more like a certain family have poisoned their dressing room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

gimmick wrote: »
    Sounds to me more like a certain family have poisoned their dressing room.
    Don't be silly. A certain family played a big part in your season last year.

Pats have lost big players like Bolger, Chambers, Brennan and Browne and replaced them with players of inferior quality. Pretty simple. They were always very strong in the middle of the park and now it's arguably their biggest weak point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Another 3pts for us at the Brandywell last night, although hard fought, Wexford played well and could easily have had a couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Not surprised to hear Pat's were poor. I think the players stopped playing for Buckley a while ago and he's too nice a man to motivate them when it's got to this point.

Bohs v Galway was very entertaining in the first half. Second half both sides lacked the intensity of the first half, both teams tired and late on both probably settled for the draw.

• Advertisement

Bateman wrote: »
    Not surprised to hear Pat's were poor. I think the players stopped playing for Buckley a while ago and he's too nice a man to motivate them when it's got to this point.

Don't think that's the problem, We are simply lacking quality, in the middle of the pitch particularly. We lost Chris Forrestor, Killian Brennan and Greg Bolger and the players who've replaced them are just not up to it. Added to that. Liam is not a man to take a "pragmatic" approach and is still trying to get the team to play passing football, which the midfielders are not good enough to do.

Advertisement