Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Report an abandoned car

• 22-06-2016 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but it's the closest I could find.

I believe this car has been abandoned. It's been standing there for 6 weeks since I started paying attention to it, so it has definitely been there for longer.

Is there a department that I can report this car to? Is there anything I can do or should I just ignore it?

I've attached a few images of the car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

What makes you feel its abandoned rather than just parked up for a while?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

RustyNut wrote: »
    What makes you feel its abandoned rather than just parked up for a while?

I could be wrong. How long should a car stand in the open before it's considered abandoned?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I could be wrong. How long should a car stand in the open before it's considered abandoned?

Iv no idea. The local litter warden would be the place to start with an abandoned car but they can be very reluctant to take someone's property unless its causing problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Is it on pubic or private property?

Garda can check if it's stolen & who the reg owner is etc but they won't do anything with it unless it's causing an obstruction (judging from pics, it's not)

If it is a public place, you can say it to the local council & a traffic warden may check it.

Maybe the owner is just keeping it off the road for the moment...(doesn't look to be a bad condition)

www.sligowhiplash.com - 2nd & 3rd Aug '25

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Whats the state of the tax and insurance? Are they valid, if not that will help the cause of getting it removed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Whats the state of the tax and insurance? Are they valid, if not that will help the cause of getting it removed.

That looks like clongriffin, that's on private land, whomever owns that is probably the best place to start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

Both have expired.

There is also a CVRT test report inside the car. TEST RESULT: Fail Dangerous

I can acknowledge that it's none of my business. Knowing the type of anti-social behaviour by the delinquents in the area that car is going to be targeted and damaged.

Till then I guess.

Thanks everyone.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Well I know if there doesnt appear to be any registration plates on it then the council have to remove it one way or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Well I know if there doesnt appear to be any registration plates on it then the council have to remove it one way or another.

Yes.
    If the plates "Mysteriously" went missing some dark night then the council would get it removed.
    BUT
    The problem with this one is that there are identifying papers in the vehicle, so they would contact the previous owner first.

vectra wrote: »
    Yes.
    If the plates "Mysteriously" went missing some dark night then the council would get it removed.
    BUT
    The problem with this one is that there are identifying papers in the vehicle, so they would contact the previous owner first.

Let them cos either way it will be sorted out one way or another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

If it's private property the council won't touch it, the management company would have to arrange disposal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

its shoudne be too hard to get rid of, ol jeeps make big money scraping. scapper will bite your hands of for it, try contact the ower and ask them to get rid of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Nice looking Shogun..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,590 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Let them cos either way it will be sorted out one way or another.

That could be a long drawn out proccess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭danm14

Both have expired.

There is also a CVRT test report inside the car. TEST RESULT: Fail Dangerous

I can acknowledge that it's none of my business. Knowing the type of anti-social behaviour by the delinquents in the area that car is going to be targeted and damaged.

Till then I guess.

Thanks everyone.

Perhaps the owner has it parked up because he can't afford to fix it at the moment, and he's sensible enough not to risk driving a dangerously defective vehicle?
    At least you know it isn't being driven around where it could cause an accident, injure kids or worse. I think a fault has to be incredibly, incredibly serious to be given a Fail Dangerous, if an NCT Fail Dangerous is anything to go by. I for one would be happy enough with it parked up for twelve months provided it's not in anyone's way, if it means it's not on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I've put issues in here before

http://www.fixyourstreet.ie/

They direct your query to the correct area.

Advertisement