Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's needed to start a van business ?

Options
  • 22-06-2016 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi , my partner and I are looking to start a business soon buying a van and selling sandwiches and food from it , where one of us will wait outside business in an industrial estate where we know has no canteen for lunches .

We are thinking of buying a fridge and putting it in said van to keep sandwhiches and salads cool .

What would be needed to set this up ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi , my partner and I are looking to start a business soon buying a van and selling sandwiches and food from it , where one of us will wait outside business in an industrial estate where we know has no canteen for lunches .

We are thinking of buying a fridge and putting it in said van to keep sandwhiches and salads cool .

What would be needed to set this up ? Thanks

if you are selling food you will need to be vetted by the FSAI.. or HSE and get all appropriate certfificates

https://www.fsai.ie/food_businesses/starting_business/food_hygiene_legislation.html

https://www.fsai.ie/food_businesses/haccp/haccp.html

youll need to attend a food handling course and get a certificate for it

you'll need a commerical fridge - one up to catering standard

Coffee machine / water boiler more than likely - people will also want tea / coffee etc and the milk / sugar supplies napkins

Cash Register

most people don't want pre packed sandwich's they will want a sandwich made up. - kitchen prep area.

Menu Board - showing full price list

you'll more than likely need a permit to wait outside an industrial estate

Insurance you will need public liability insurance - encase someone gets sick etc

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Perfect thanks a million ,that was even more info then I hoped for

Advertisement