Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCBI Classic Vehicle show this Sunday 26th

Options
  • 22-06-2016 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭

The NCBI show this Sunday - the 26th June 2016 - at St Columbas College.

Follow pointers from Firhouse Tallagh exit on the M50.

Heading North bound at exit turn right or from South bound turn left at exit.

Or follow pointers from Yellow House, Rathfarnham.

Display and autojumblers set up 9.30 - 11.30 open to public from 11.30

https://www.facebook.com/ncbishow/

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Gonna be tough competition this Sunday with Ireland still in the Euros...

Might try and make it up early though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Dades wrote: »
    Gonna be tough competition this Sunday with Ireland still in the Euros...

Might try and make it up early though.

I'd be more worried about it affecting the display than attendance..i'll be there hail rain or football...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

Over all and despite the wet start and the foot ball!! it turn out fairly well.

Some lovely vehicles at it. Big thanks to those who supported it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jepnews/albums/72157670237156436

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Dades wrote: »

My first guess when I saw the pic was 'Jaguar' (wasnt quite sure of the model until I checked) -

https://www.cartell.ie/ssl/servlet/beginStarLookup?registration=zv9818

• Advertisement

Ah yes, an XK 120 it seems.

Like this one.

Yes please. :)

I know i'm a grumpy old ducker but it grinds my gears when i see modern cars on display at classic shows..90's Mercs and Audi TT's are 10 a penny in most car parks...are these cars really thought of as classics..??....and breathe...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭okistag

I know i'm a grumpy old ducker but it grinds my gears when i see modern cars on display at classic shows..90's Mercs and Audi TT's are 10 a penny in most car parks...are these cars really thought of as classics..??....and breathe...:o

Hi Max Headroom..

I would tend to agree with you alright, however Pre 99 are seen as Retro vehicles and so forth. For this reason I think they are slowly sneaking in.

Actually with the start to the day at the show I was very concerned with numbers, I think I would of allowed anything in if it continued lol (joking)

The two vehicles, I think your referring to is the Merc 94 blue, actually it is owned by an employee of the NCBI who volunteered on the day and was representing the charity.

Now the TT is my wife's car and she was just dropping something up to me and didnt stay long. I should have removed it from the album :) in my mind future classic like the MX5 fingers crossed the electronics keep up.

Generally speaking 90's are fairly new but as we age so do they it is crazy to think 1990 was 26 years ago.. and that a 1991 car is seen by insurance as classic and 30yr old vintage roadtax...

Love your Stag btw..:)...proper classic...
    I'm of the opinion that anything 1980 to 90's is Retro..not classic, the same way i consider 1960 to 80 to be classic, before 1960 its Vintage...these are just my views ..maybe i'm ageist...:o

Advertisement