Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for reviews - Mrkerbappeal - Portlaoise

• 22-06-2016 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Have recently bought a house in Portlaoise and I have a fair degree of moss on the roof that I want to get dealt with.

I've found the following guy online:

http://mrkerbappeal.ie/

The website seems to say all the right things but I'd love some personal reviews if anyone here has used him or indeed if you have used someone else for a similar job and gotten a good result.

(I'd imagine the mods would appreciate experiences be forwarded to me by PM for obvious reasons!)

Thanks in advance guys. I appreciate any help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

Just in case anyone finds this thread when searching I got Simon from mrkerbappeal to do the job and he did a very thorough job. The roof is looking a lot better already and my understanding of the softwash process is that it will continue to improve over the course of a number of weeks as the remaining lichen, etc. dies and falls off.

Will update the thread again when the process is complete if I think of it but it all looks good so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭jack of all

Any chance you could put up a before and after photo, I looked at that website and it was of interest to me...

I didn't specifically take any before pictures but I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I have any that show the roof.

Haven't forgotten about the pics - haven't had a chance yet.

Sorry for the massive delay with this.

The only "before" photo I could find was a screen capture from a drone video so the quality is pretty poor. It might give some idea of the moss that was on it.

I'm pretty happy with the after condition. You can just about see that there is some black growth on the tiles still and this should be already dead and will apparently fall off by itself over a few months. If it doesn't he will come back to give it another run. This was happening quite quickly at the start but the rate seems to have slowed down. I'll review in a few months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement