Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Horse show 2016

Options
  • 22-06-2016 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Hi

We're thinking of going to the horse jumping show in RDS this year. Is there any real difference in which day you go?

We're thinking of going on the Saturday - will there be a decent level of show jumping that day. It doesn't have to be the highlight of the week but we do want to see a decent level of show jumping!

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Hi OP, the RDS is an international show so it really doesn't matter which day you go if you want decent jumping. Saturday has the Accumulator and the Puissance Wall in the main arena. You also have a few young rider classes scattered about the place, and the working hunter showing classes. Outside of jumping, you have pony club games and racehorse to riding horse showing class. I think Parelli is usually about on a Saturday too, but the full programme should be on the RDS website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Saturday or Sunday are the best for showjumping if you're interested in the 'big' classes.

I personally love the Saturday as it has the Puissance/Big Wall, but my highlight of the Saturday is the 128 Ponies/International Rider pairs jump off. They pair up tiny tots on 128 ponies (who have more talent in their baby finger than I have in my entire body) with international showjumpers and both jump a course against the clock. It's fantastic watching. They also have the Pony Club games in the smaller ring which is hilarious to watch.

Sunday has the Grand Prix and the Hunt Chase which is again fantastic watching. And if you want to feel in any way unaccomplished about what you have achieved in life with horses thus far, you can head over to Simmonscourt to watch the Children on Horses class over a 1.15m course.

Full schedule is - if you can make it a couple days, do try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Saturday or Sunday are the best for showjumping if you're interested in the 'big' classes.

I personally love the Saturday as it has the Puissance/Big Wall, but my highlight of the Saturday is the 128 Ponies/International Rider pairs jump off. They pair up tiny tots on 128 ponies (who have more talent in their baby finger than I have in my entire body) with international showjumpers and both jump a course against the clock. It's fantastic watching. They also have the Pony Club games in the smaller ring which is hilarious to watch.

Sunday has the Grand Prix and the Hunt Chase which is again fantastic watching. And if you want to feel in any way unaccomplished about what you have achieved in life with horses thus far, you can head over to Simmonscourt to watch the Children on Horses class over a 1.15m course.

Full schedule is - if you can make it a couple days, do try :)

Is there a reason this is on earlier this year..? I always thought it was on the week after the Galway races.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

The olympics.

Advertisement