Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banogue speed vans

• 22-06-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Well hows everyone i am wondering can anybody help me out here I've noticed the speed van past banogue on the straight before the bend it's the. White go safe van I'm wondering can they catch you leaving the 50kph zone or are they only there for 100kph area constantly see it and drives me crazy when I think I've being speeding when I normally haven't been. Has anyone being fined in this. Area before

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Be careful Mikey - the high horse brigade will be along soon and say you shouldnt be speeding so why would you worry about being caught :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

There are camera's at both front and back of the go safe van so technically they can clock you either direction.

Stick to the speed limit however and you have nothing to worry about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,277 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There are no speed camera at the front of the go safe vans afaik. The speed camera is at the rear of the van but it can catch speeding traffic on both sides of the road either approaching the van from behind or driving away from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

The Camera at the front of a Gosafe van is simply a cctv camera.....nothing to do with speeding.
    If it's an all white Transit van (no markings) that the OP is referring to, that would be the Gardai. They can, and do, park outside the lower zone and catch people who are speeding within the zone.
    Not sure if GoSafe are allowed to do this though. They may have to be parked within the zone itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Mikey15106

All I want to know is if they can catch you leaving the 50 zone from banogue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

If the rear of the van is facing the 50km zone and isn't more than 50ft from the end of the zone, then yes they can catch you.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Mikey15106

Ah I see mate to be honest I normally don't speed unless its a serious matter but the odd time id take my eyes off the speed and go over a bit if the 10% error in the speedo is correct then I believe ill be grand anyhow ill find out in a few weeks

Advertisement