Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Close Accounts

Options
  • 22-06-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭

I have a credit card and current account with you.
    I cleared the credit card balance and current account overdraft today and I would like to close both.
    There will be interest due on both.
    I won't be able to get in to my local branch and cannot be holding on the phone. Can you advise me what the closing balance is on each please and arrange to close both?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

I have a credit card and current account with you.
    I cleared the credit card balance and current account overdraft today and I would like to close both.
    There will be interest due on both.
    I won't be able to get in to my local branch and cannot be holding on the phone. Can you advise me what the closing balance is on each please and arrange to close both?
    Hi Radharc na Sleibhte, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Sorry to hear that you wish to close your accounts with us. We are unable to confirm account details or balances here on Boards. 
    However you can view your Current account and Credit Card balance on 365 Online. You can also view your Credit Card balance and transactions on our new Card Care service which you can register for here

When you are unable to make it into your branch to close your accounts, please do the following: 
    • For your Current Account: Please post a letter to your account holding branch and include your account number, name on the account, signature and contact details should your branch need to contact you. If there are remaining funds in your account over the amount of €5 please advise how you wish the funds to be transferred. If you'd like the balance to be transferred to another account, please include the details of the beneficiary account including the IBAN and BIC code and account name. Alternatively if you'd like the balance to be issued out to you by bank draft, please state who the draft should be made out to. 
    • For your Credit Card account: We would first advise you to clear the balance in full (which you mention you've done already) as well as cancel any third party direct debts or subscriptions you may have set up with a retailer. You will also need to have the account €30 in credit for the Government Stamp Duty charge for this year. You can also post a letter to your account holding branch including your name, contact number and Credit Card number to request to close the account. 

Please find the contact details of your branch here

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement