If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 to 43 inch TV, €500 to €750 recommendations

Options
  • 22-06-2016 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I’m Looking for a 40 to 43 inch TV, €500 to €750 with the following:
    Definitely want Saorview tuner on board and a headphone socket along with the usual inputs.
    Don’t want curved screen.
    VESA wall mount support.
    Preferably FreeSat tuner onboard.
    Preferably a swivel base where you can turn the TV slightly.
    Will be used mostly for HD TV, BluRay, and PlayStation4.
    Not pushed on Smart TV but would use YouTube and playing mkv movies from a network share if supported.
    I currently have a Samsung 37inch I got from RS which I am very happy with so I do like the SAMSUNG UE40KU6000 but I am wondering given my usage would I actual see any improvement over a K5500.
    I am willing to consider other brands if you recommend one or have a good offer. I would even consider a comparable Hisense and use the savings towards a soundbar.
    Any advice /offers greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

AlanG wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m Looking for a 40 to 43 inch TV, €500 to €750 with the following:
    Definitely want Saorview tuner on board and a headphone socket along with the usual inputs.
    Don’t want curved screen.
    VESA wall mount support.
    Preferably FreeSat tuner onboard.
    Preferably a swivel base where you can turn the TV slightly.
    Will be used mostly for HD TV, BluRay, and PlayStation4.
    Not pushed on Smart TV but would use YouTube and playing mkv movies from a network share if supported.
    I currently have a Samsung 37inch I got from RS which I am very happy with so I do like the SAMSUNG UE40KU6000 but I am wondering given my usage would I actual see any improvement over a K5500.
    I am willing to consider other brands if you recommend one or have a good offer. I would even consider a comparable Hisense and use the savings towards a soundbar.
    Any advice /offers greatly appreciated.
    HI Alang, thanks for the post

Yes the Samsung UE40KU6000 would be a very good screen -http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201974-ue40ku6000.aspx?swapstore=1, but jusy so you are aware it wouldn't be a freesat model, you would have to go up to the 40KU6400 for freesat - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202131-ue40ku6400.aspx?swapstore=1 which is €879
    This is actually the entry level TV that has the Freesat built in

Are you limited to size, or is that the largest you would like, as there are some very good screens within budget at the 49"-55" range also

With regards to the Hisense models, they are very impressive at the price range, and would be well worth considering, especially if you wanted to get a soundbar

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Thanks - a couple of questions on the 40ku6000

- It doesn't have scart or composite in on the back but does have a custom port for composite and component in. Do the adaptors for the composite and component  in port come with the TV.

- It doesn't seem to have a headphone jack. Is it possible to use a wireless or bluetooth set of headphones with the TV.

Thanks - a couple of questions on the 40ku6000

- It doesn't have scart or composite in on the back but does have a custom port for composite and component in. Do the adaptors for the composite and component  in port come with the TV.

- It doesn't seem to have a headphone jack. Is it possible to use a wireless or bluetooth set of headphones with the TV.
    Hi AlanG,

Yes the adapter does come with the TV for compnent/composite, it plugs in just like a 3.5mm socket

As you say there is no headphone socket, the only way really to use headphones would be if you had wireless headphones with the likes of optical input, or a headphone amp again with optical, you aren't able to connect wireless headphones directly to the TV

Cheers
    Brian

Hi Brian,

i don't think it would suit my setup with no headphone socket. Is there another TV in that size and price range you would recommend that could deliver similar picture quality. It doesn't have to be 4k but I would prefer if it was somewhat future proofed.

Hi Brian,

i don't think it would suit my setup with no headphone socket. Is there another TV in that size and price range you would recommend that could deliver similar picture quality. It doesn't have to be 4k but I would prefer if it was somewhat future proofed.

• Advertisement

Hi Brian,

Cheers Alan,

How about the Panasonic TX40DX600 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201943-viera-tx40dx600b.aspx at €699/£499

Its a 4k, smart TV, similar spec to the samsung, has component, and has a headphone socket
    We have this in stock, and can ship on a next day delivery

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.