Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Increase in price after the Deposit is paid??

Options
  • 22-06-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place, but mods feel free to move it if required.

My wife got a quote of €2550 arched french doors on my front porch. And paid a deposit of €1200 a few weeks ago. Today My wife received a call saying that there was a glitch in his software on the day when providing the quote and the price is actually €3300.

We have a receipt with the for the deposit paid and initial quote of €2550.

Do we have to accept this increase? Can we demand the deposit back? Can we make them honour the initial contract?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Tell them you want all your money back and they can keep the door

This is their mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

As far as I am aware you can't make them keep their quote but you would need to check their terms and conditions. You should be able to get your deposit back without any problems.

Advertisement