Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommenda sling carrier for 2 year old

Options
  • 22-06-2016 2:21pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

My monkey has outgrown his current carrier. I am all looking for recommendations of one you can wear on your back.

I work full time so wont get a chance to get to a sling library. This will be my third sling so not a novice :)

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

What did you have before? What has he outgrown?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Toddler Connecta!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Lílle baby carry on.

On Facebook there is a group Babywearing Ireland,

There are are loads of experts there.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭otwb1

have you tried wrapping instead of a carrier? just takes a second or two more to get it tied than a carrier. (have a toddler tula and wraps..not sure if toddler tula bigger than your current carrier though)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I have a kibi, and I love it, but size wise it's only up to age three, and I doubt it would be much bigger than a toddler Connecta. I've heard toddler Tulas are quite big. The national sling library works via post, and might be a help- I'm sure if you contacted the librarian she would be able to recommend something, even if you weren't borrowing!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Thanks for all the suggestions. i will start looking at the ones suggested here.
    What did you have before? What has he outgrown?

i had a Moby wrap and then a Moby Go. you can only wear the Go on your front. so was looking for something for my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You can rent from Babywearing Ireland. Think it's €15 for two for two weeks or so. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Wg41meGCIPcGMyFNCbLdahH-x7SPs_ZIydk0dTgDD9k/viewform?embedded=true&formkey=dFpNNWZCOVJndUNWaWNsN25wd2I1NHc6MQ

If you can't get to a sling meet! Also some good advice here: http://www.koalacubs.ie/Advice.htm#types

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Im in the same boat myself, still using an Ergo but I think he could do with more room (2yrs 8mths). You can get "pre-school" sized slings from some brands - Kinderpack is one that seems to be popular. I'm on the Babywearing Ireland group, plus some others, and they are great for advice and ideas but so much to choose from.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I have requested membership loads of times to the babywearing for sale group on FB but they don't seem to want me as a member.

have been a member of babywearing Ireland on FB since before he was born and have never got an answer to any of my questions!!

I don't think I am going to be able to get one by the weekend which is going to be a bloody pain the arse. we may just have to use the Go. I have seen some people on youtube wearing it on their backs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

John Mason wrote: »
    I have requested membership loads of times to the babywearing for sale group on FB but they don't seem to want me as a member.

have been a member of babywearing Ireland on FB since before he was born and have never got an answer to any of my questions!!

I don't think I am going to be able to get one by the weekend which is going to be a bloody pain the arse. we may just have to use the Go. I have seen some people on youtube wearing it on their backs

That's odd- I am a member of both those groups- they seem to be an awfully helpful bunch usually! It's a pity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

The more active group is Babywearing Ireland. Sling Addicts

Where are you based? Snugglebugs in Naas have a shop that is open on Thirsday and Saturday mornings and the girls who run it are brilliant

Advertisement