Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnum Plus Lock

Options
  • 22-06-2016 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

I think someone was tampering with my lock and trying to steal my bike, I noticed a bit damaged done to both ends of the bar, see pictures, looks likes someone was trying to open it with a hammer and screw driver.
    Does anyone know if they manage to open one of the ends would they be able to open the lock and steal my bike?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Very unlikely. If it was my lock, I'd continue to use it.

Also, I'd park my bike elsewhere ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Thanks, I generally don't leave it anywhere it needs to be locked as it's either at home or in the office store room. Reckon it was tampered with when I left it for less than 2 minutes outside the local shop the other day..bastards!!

Is there anything else I can do to make it more secure?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

This is just cosmetic damage in my opinion, no need to make it more secure. No matter what lock you use it will be worthless if they come with an angle grinder anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Aye Bosun

Thanks Alek, I thought it might be just cosmetic but always best to check. Appreciate the advice!

Advertisement