Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork rib and corn cob stock

Options
  • 22-06-2016 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I made a rack of ribs and some corn on the cob for guests over the weekend and boiled up the leftover bones and corn cobs into a nice stock last night.

The problem is now that I'm not sure what to do with it. Anyone got any ideas?

My brief research shows it might suit a Mexican Posole but to be honest I've never even tried it so have no idea what to look for in a recipe or if it would even be worth the effort.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Posole is on my roadmap. I haven't tried it yet but I intend to as soon as I get around to it. Here's a recipe: http://amexicancook.ie/recipe/pork-pozole-rojo

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭rojito

Thanks for that, that recipe looks more convincing than some I found. I already have about 1 1/2 litres of stock but can't see it doing any harm incorporating it into to this recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,269 ✭✭✭squonk

Just FYI as well, there's a whole big 'You can't have Posole without Hominy' thing going on everywhere I've read about the soup. I notice a lot of the better middle eastern stores have Hominy. I got a pack on Amazon and then kicked myself a month later when I rocked up to my local middle eastern store which, in fairness, carries a huge range and there, in front of me was hominy! Argh!!!

Advertisement