Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant S-R3, green layer showing

Options
  • 22-06-2016 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

I've Giant S-R3(puncture belt) tyre on rear, covered around 3k kms and I can see the green layer under the black rubber, in a form of different sized dots on the thread all around. Is my tyre good for the bin? Got it in my LBS, thought would last longer. I'm a heavy duty though, 110 kgs rolling weight with pushing the big ring mostly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

Getting more of this green showing. Must be the wear indicator. Should I keep using it or replace?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

That tyre has had it. replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭lissard

Sounds worn and 3k km is not unusual. I got about that from the stock tyres that came with my Giant Defy (Giant S-R4). I normally look to replace the tyre once the inevitable punctures start. I can't imagine you are far from hitting that point.

Thank you, gentlemen!

Yes, I had that feeling on S-R4 but this time could be different: it has a puncture protection, so I won't get flat but won't have grip either because the rubber peeling away. Time to order a new set!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

padyjoe wrote: »

it has a puncture protection, so I won't get flat b/QUOTE]

There's optimism :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

colm18 wrote: »
    padyjoe wrote: »

it has a puncture protection, so I won't get flat /QUOTE]

There's optimism :P

I will get flat then. :-)

Any reasonable deals out there for 25mm at the moment? I don't want to pay a fortune for them, max. 20-25 quid apiece, good grip and able to stand my abuse. Thank you!

Advertisement