Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recent trip to Brasil

Options
  • 22-06-2016 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

So, I was in Rio for the weekend, and I failed to make a purchase. The XBox.com server kept telling me, in Portuguese, that I need to use a different payment method, my Revolut MasterCard being no good.

What's bothering me is that I was able to add the card to my Microsoft account, and they charged 4 reals to it, but I can't use it to pay for stuff.

I don't have any trips planned to other countries, and I wouldn't have a different card to pay with anyway. Anyone knows what's wrong?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

I have been having the same problem with Revolut recently so I tried using it to buy credit on the Brasil store, when I asked Revolut support about it they said that they're having problems with the MS store and they are looking into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

From what I gather, Microsoft have closed off all foreign credit cards on their regional stores. Apparently, buying gift cards still works, but if that requires a false address, then it still can't be discussed here, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭dor83

CatInABox wrote: »
    From what I gather, Microsoft have closed off all foreign credit cards on their regional stores. Apparently, buying gift cards still works, but if that requires a false address, then it still can't be discussed here, sorry.
    For me Revolut wouldn't work on the MS store to buy gift cards, that was why I got on to support about it, ended up just using my Irish card instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭qrx

I was checking the prices for lego force awakens in other regions and in some regions there is no option to buy. I wonder if this is connected. I will try it using a vpn just out of curiosity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

qrx wrote: »
    I was checking the prices for lego force awakens in other regions and in some regions there is no option to buy. I wonder if this is connected. I will try it using a vpn just out of curiosity.

some games arent available in all regions at the same time. ARK was a recent example of this, couldnt be bought from singapore IIRC

• Advertisement

some games arent available in all regions at the same time. ARK was a recent example of this, couldnt be bought from singapore IIRC

This is it from the U.S store

Click on Bundle and it brings you to a blank section where the bundles are shown for the Irish region

I'll have to see what it looks like through a VPN when I get home. Hope they haven't started clamping down on regional stuff. I travel a lot and like to compare prices before I leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I bought a gift card for my friend in Rio, but he said he has sold his XB1 and had no use for it. I ended up redeeming it myself.

Just spent some of that card value to buy the Forza 6 Nascar expansion, as I am fast approaching the end of the solo career. Well, not fast, but I'm down to the last showcase race (82 laps at Daytona), and a whole bunch of very boring short races in the career grind. Gonna try to mix that up with some Nascar racing, maybe the 80 days left until FH3 launch will pass somewhat easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

JoyPad wrote: »
    I bought a gift card for my friend in Rio, but he said he has sold his XB1 and had no use for it. I ended up redeeming it myself.

Just spent some of that card value to buy the Forza 6 Nascar expansion, as I am fast approaching the end of the solo career. Well, not fast, but I'm down to the last showcase race (82 laps at Daytona), and a whole bunch of very boring short races in the career grind. Gonna try to mix that up with some Nascar racing, maybe the 80 days left until FH3 launch will pass somewhat easier.
    You've got to watch that left turn in Nascar, you're not really expecting it. :)

I must look to buy gift cards the next time I'm overseas, I had never though of using them on the Xbox One / Microsoft Store.

The saga continues...

Tried to buy another gift card today, but Revolut card was rejected. The Revolut support is terrible, they never seem to understand what the problem is.

Got a friend in Columbia, I'm trying to buy him a gift card. Is it just me or have they made it difficult to buy gift cards? Could have sworn they used to be a menu option on the main xbox page. Am I missing something obvious?

• Advertisement

It's under Store > Special Offers > Gift Cards
    Leads to this page.

However, these options vary from market to market.

Looks like you just can't buy Columbian gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Awful lot of traveling going on in this forum...

:pac:

Advertisement