Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish passport

Options
  • 22-06-2016 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi, can somebody plz explain, does irish passport holders dont require to queue at airports? Or they dont need their passports to be checked at airports? My friends says the officials just see they have irish passport, people dont need to get their passports get checked from inside, no photo check no stamps any thing .. Plz explain wana gain knowledge because i think evey other person whatsever passport they own need to get it checked mot just by cover bt inside as well

Comments

Cybil wrote: »
    Hi, can somebody plz explain, does irish passport holders dont require to queue at airports? Or they dont need their passports to be checked at airports? My friends says the officials just see they have irish passport, people dont need to get their passports get checked from inside, no photo check no stamps any thing .. Plz explain wana gain knowledge because i think evey other person whatsever passport they own need to get it checked mot just by cover bt inside as well

I'm Irish and I've always had to show my passport when I come through Dublin. Passports are only stamped when you visit a country outside the EU.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a dedicated thread for passport questions in the travel forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Cybil

Yeah mt my friends say Irish people just show their passport in queue and then they move.. No body check their passports or stops then

Cybil wrote: »
    Yeah mt my friends say Irish people just show their passport in queue and then they move.. No body check their passports or stops then

I hand my Passport to the security guard, they look at it and at me then hand it back again. It takes seconds, so may seem that they are not checking it. They do the same with all EU Passports. Others go to a different window, so I can't ask for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

You have to show your passport going through the airports.

• Advertisement
Advertisement